Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea? I'm looking to upgrade from my Corsair H110i, not satisfied with my 8700k temperatures (chip is delidded and tried many thermal pastes).

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,873 Posts
most AIOs perform within 1-3c of each other because most of them use the same pumps and the only major difference is in the fans used.

though if I was going to go with an AIO, I'd go for the Cryorig A80 personally.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
It is targeted at reducing noise and adding LEDs, not increasing performance. With lower noise and fan speeds, a reduction in performance is to be expected with the same pump, block and rad design used. If you want an upgrade, Swiftech has the X3 coming out soon.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But even if I use 3x Corsair ML120 Pro at 2000RPM each (lot of noise) will it perform worse than my H110i? Is that a possibility? I just don't want to downgrade and my H110i thumbscrews are almost all stripped because I reseatted it so many times and I'm tired of the bad mount/contact it has, maybe that is the main issue that makes me want to change for another AIO, I'm limited by the price of H150i Pro, I can't spend more than that.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
because they test them at full fan rpm and the corsair 150 has slow fans designed for quietness. put the same fans as another "asetek" rebranded cooler and it will cool within error margin. I personally wouldn't buy the H150i. It is hugely overpriced. The cryorig A80 above is a good package as it has good fans and it not priced badly.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
But even if I use 3x Corsair ML120 Pro at 2000RPM each (lot of noise) will it perform worse than my H110i? Is that a possibility? I just don't want to downgrade and my H110i thumbscrews are almost all stripped because I reseatted it so many times and I'm tired of the bad mount/contact it has, maybe that is the main issue that makes me want to change for another AIO, I'm limited by the price of H150i Pro, I can't spend more than that.
Given the absurd price of the H150i Pro and pricing history of the Swiftechs, I would expect the H240-X3 to be released in the same price range - http://site.swiftech.com/drivexkits/

·
Overclocker in training
14,010 Posts
Hi,
Thin 360mm rad verses probably a thin 280mm rad actually the older 110's had a little thicker rad,
How old is the 110 ?
H110i GT's after 30-36 months are dropping like flies from pump failures
I and at least three other people have done rma's on them all bought roughly 5-2015 we figure it was a bad batch or it's just the lifetime of a clc either way if it's not working properly anymore rma it to corsair.

I personally wouldn't waste any time or money on a 240mm rad of anything unless it was a 2nd rad :)

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Hi,
Thin 360mm rad verses probably a thin 280mm rad actually the older 110's had a little thicker rad,
How old is the 110 ?
H110i GT's after 30-36 months are dropping like flies from pump failures
I and at least three other people have done rma's on them all bought roughly 5-2015 we figure it was a bad batch or it's just the lifetime of a clc either way if it's not working properly anymore rma it to corsair.

I personally wouldn't waste any time or money on a 240mm rad of anything unless it was a 2nd rad /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
On the Asetek units the rad core is the same thickness, only the trim is thicker or thinner. Also, keep in mind that the difference in surface area of a 280 and 360 is only 10%, coupled with the use of 140mm fans, performance difference is almost non-existent. The H110i GT is a CoolIt made unit, and their pumps have been premature death prone since day one.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
I went from an H100i (with push pull fan config) to a Swiftech H240 Prestige X2. Yes there were a cost increase but there was also a performance increase. Not to mention, it is a much better manufactured system. I've had 3 Corsair pumps die over the years. They typically work fine right up until they don't.

·
Overclocker in training
14,010 Posts
Hi,
Yeah well if swiftech ever has a 280mm model it might be worth it
But if one has ever attempted to contact swiftech let me know how that went
I tried 6 months ago never got a response lol :)

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
Hi,
Yeah well if swiftech ever has a 280mm model it might be worth it
But if one has ever attempted to contact swiftech let me know how that went
I tried 6 months ago never got a response lol :)
They have had the H240, H240-X, H240-X2 and H240-X2 Prestige. There will be the H240-X3 and H240-X3 Prestige coming out in a few weeks.

I have contacted Swiftech on probably 30-40 occasions (I had reasons other than problems to contact them). They answer the phone every time during their posted hours.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see, there is definitely better options than H150i Pro in the market for the same or less price, the problem is that I live in Brazil and there are some brands which never existed here (unfortunately), even the Kraken X72 doesn't have here to buy (and is one that I know is better than Corsair), so basically all me options are Kraken X62 or H150i Pro or H115i Pro talking about AIOs, there are other brands that aren't that good, and if I decide to import I will pay at least double of the price just because of taxes =(

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
I see, there is definitely better options than H150i Pro in the market for the same or less price, the problem is that I live in Brazil and there are some brands which never existed here (unfortunately), even the Kraken X72 doesn't have here to buy (and is one that I know is better than Corsair), so basically all me options are Kraken X62 or H150i Pro or H115i Pro talking about AIOs, there are other brands that aren't that good, and if I decide to import I will pay at least double of the price just because of taxes =(
Ah, ok, didn't realize where you are. The X62 and H115i Pro are the same harware with different fans and logo, the H150i just changes the rad size. Stick with the brand that has the most accessible customer service there as the hardware is the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts