Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all just imo, and please call me out if I say anything stupid. But I really think I have a fair point.

1. Crytek has already stated it will have lower requirements than Crysis 1, and from what I've seen so far this looks true. This game looks very different from Cry 1. And I would almost venture to say it doesn't look any better. Face the facts on this one. Crytek wants to sell more games and they knew if they made a game that hogs resources even more than last time, no one would buy it, and even further, it might not even work on consoles.

2. The PC version won't look that much better. This should just be common sense. When is the last time a PC version of cross-platformer looked leaps and bounds better than on consoles? Never? I know. The PC version of Cry 2 WILL look better than its console counterparts, but history has taught us that it won't look that much better. It can't. Crytek had to scale this game to the Xbox 360. There's only so much they can do to crank it up on PC, unless they run it on a totally different engine. And that won't happen.

There's a reason why Cry 1 was PC only. It simply WOULDN'T run on consoles at that time. The only console that could theoretically support it would be the PS3. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? Until I see the PC footage, I will stand by this point securely. People are going to be maxing out this game with single or (maybe) dual 5870's. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's even lower.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I think its a shame they took it out of the jungle, the city will be alot less destructible which was one of the best things of the previous game.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Maybe the graphics won't be as impressive, but I really enjoyed crysis for the gameplay.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I guess people are going to be saying " Can it play Metro 2033?" Now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I dont really mind the graphics being the same as the first, or just slightly better. What concerns me is the "streamlined gameplay" "feature".

·
Registered
774 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEntel
View Post

Maybe the graphics won't be as impressive, but I really enjoyed crysis for the gameplay.

This, But I also think the graphics what I have seen so far look pretty impressive , if the game looks good and plays on current hardware maxed I will be a happy chappy.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Crysis 2 is going to suck: Crysis 1 laughed at 2 x 8800's in SLI,
how do you expect they made it run on a single 7800 without cutting corners?

Story line looks cliche: just another aliens invading new york.

Gameplay is going to be dumbed down for consoles just 1 path to do everything,
and half of the game you are going to be watching interactive crappy "movies" on game engine (press "B" now!!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
As much as it pains me to see them bring it to all the platforms and undoubtedly water it down, you can't really blame them for it. Crysis was supposed to be big, it had tons of hype, and it basically sold like ****. Now it can be argued that outside of the graphics it just wasn't that great of a game too but still. At the end of the day they're a company and need to make money and this is how they are trying to do it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
View Post

I always used Crysis as a Graphical stress benchmark than an actual game. The Storyline was mediocre at best, I am hoping Crysis 2 can give me a better storyline.

Quoted for Truth
Crysis as a Game wasnt impresive at all. People bought it because of the Graphics and just because the Consoles are too rubbish to run the Game at its fullest we Pc Gamers shall suffer?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Another thing is, the enemies in the first one was almost invincible...
...or was it just me...?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinton13
View Post

...or was it just me...?

Early on they pretty much were to body shots. They released a patch that adjusted this but still if you wanted to take anyone down aiming for the chest was a waste of time.

6,097 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinton13
View Post

...or was it just me...?

you have to learn to headshot and pop in and pop out for kills especially on delta mode. and you have to learn korean to understand them...

·
Banned
711 Posts
Crysis 2 is going to be awesome. I think the graphics will be better than you think. The same editor that made crysis one is being used for crysis 2. The editor is optimized for each console/PC in real time. Meaning when you place a texture in the crysis 2 editor, that texture will appear at different resolutions on different consoles. I bet the PC version will look about as good as crysis 1 though maybe the fact that it is more city and less jungle will make it a little harder to appriciate. But of corse crysis 2 is going to run better than crysis 1. Crysis 1 doesnt run well on anything. For one cry1 only uses two cores. Doesnt matter if you have a six core CPU, it wont run that well because it only usees 2 core. Surely crysis 2 will use at least 4 cores.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Believe it or not, there's more to Crysis than graphics. It may not have the same "Whoa!" factor in terms of being so much better than everything else on the market, but I that doesn't appear to be what they're aiming for this go around. To me, it appears they're gearing up for more immersion with comparable graphics.

It's too early to tell really, but I'm looking forward to it either way.

·
Premium Member
5,997 Posts
Since I saw gameplay videos of Crysis 2, I have had a strong feeling I will be disappointed on release day.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outcasst
View Post

Since I saw gameplay videos of Crysis 2, I have had a strong feeling I will be disappointed on release day.

I'm sorry about your disposition.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I too am sad to be out of the jungle . And the alien fighting is my least favorite parts of the series.I will miss killing North Koreans !!!! It just seems like there are soo many urban -apacolyptic games out there ,they are jumping on the bandwagon. However ,the engine is just soo amazing ,I don't think any of us will pass it up. I can't imagine what this will develop into in say 5 years or so !!!! Obviously super 3d realism .

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
At least the Nanosuit 2.0 makes you look like a power ranger. That'll make it worth the money.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts