Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this game really makes me rage.

No dedicated servers, I can't pick a good host. Host changes are irritating, the matchmaking system is annoying

I left a game because I didn't like who I was playing with. I re-tried to find a game, and was dumped into the same game lobby.

the game lags on my sig rig (4.3ghz i7 and SLI GTX 285) when I enable AA in game... I have to turn AA off from the game menu and force it through NVIDIA software. This shows how performance oriented this game is

you can't remove players during a game. I can TK my entire team 10 times over and the only thing it does is increase my spawn timer. Spawn timer does not increase if killed by grenades or exposives.

Hardcore is not hardcore, its camping mode. Everyone just picks a spot and sets up aiming down the sight, and the timer ticks on. Resulting in small amount of kills and nobody really having any fun.... Regular mode on the other hand, IMO you have way too much health. A 50 caliber sniper rifle is not something you're supposed to survive, EVER. EVER EVER.

The harier (or whatever the hell that plane is that hovers and shoots) makes a very annoying noise. Everytime it is called in, I just quit the game because it makes my headphones hurt my ears because its way too loud in comparison to the rest of the game. I don't give a s** about realism, I would never stand under a goddamn jet and let my ears blow out.

I can't believe I spent money on this gayme.
/rant

·
15,777 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more.
I tried it yesterday just because I did NEVER want to buy it.
The first thing is that when you start it you gets greeted by the worst GUI, even worse than Shift.
The second thing is that it actually thinks 1024*768 should be default resolution...
Horrible support for AA as FreeRoller said.
Same boring FPS feeling as the other Call of Duty 4 game they made.
Luckily I didn't play more than 5 minutes on the so called campaign (auto spawn bot mode) to experience their so called realism so I haven't had the pleasure to hate that, have to much other things that I rather spend hating.

Oh and if this game was meant for Multiplayer WHY do they even bother making a stupid repetitive single player with awful gameplay?
This is what happens when I started the game:
run Call of Hurr durr modern failure 9000.exe - Loading
three choice menu
click the one to the left, campaign starts (***??? no option menu?)
growing beard on my legs while waiting for the cheesy idio..- patriotic video...
bla bla training camp for those that forgot to do that in the first game.
press ESC
FINALLY some options...
change to everything maxed.
Have to restart the wanna-be game.
by the time the game had loaded the second time in from it's three choice "casual gamer" GUI I had realized that I hade AIDS and died.
resurrected as Susej still waiting for loading screen.
????
PROF- I mean still no AA (what ever just endure it for the 30 minutes to come before I delete it).
OK... Camp... clear.
loads ANOTHER time...
Instant battle for kids and casual gamers with auto spawning bots.
Having trouble walking over small stones and grass (incompetent soldier?)
Shot people at the other side of the river and - CTRL-ALT-DEL
*deletes the POS Modern failure 9000 folder.*
IW have a good day in hell when you die.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrodisiac
View Post

Legit rant. Too bad you can't resell eh.

And for the grand finale

This is exactly why I'm pissed.

Its now burned into my steam account.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker
View Post

Old rant is old.

Seriously, enough with the MW2 hate/love threads.

proper rant never gets old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

Why are there no "Cool story bro" pictures here yet?

because it's a sad story.
His Steam acc now has AIDS.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
cant really care about the multiplayer, not my cup of tea.

SP though...

i'll just quote myself, cant be bothered enraging myself again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by me, lol

The game was awful. Not because of storyline, not because of how terribly short it was, not because you had to duck for cover every 3 seconds and even not because of the millions of grenades being thrown at you during every breath you exhale. I could live with that. Hell, I could even live with something as stupid as dual wielding, even desert eagle dual wielding. (By just not doing it)

Here come the bad parts:
-AK47s with tactical attachments. And the most expensive ones at that. Eotech red dots and Trijicon AGOC sights. costing 500$ and 2000$ respectively. The AK's shouldnt even have rails. No way those people can afford those.
-Ammo didnt stack properly. The M4 and M16 rifles for example (as well as the F2000, TAR-21) All use 5.56x45mm NATO rounds fed from STANAG compliant magazines. (first one to call them clips gets a slap in the face
) Yet they all had their own ammo count. I could carry around an M4 and M16 with 300 rounds available for the M4 and the M16 all out. (strangely, carrying 2 of the same weapon, regardless of addons, did stack ammo, so this is simply lazyness on their part)
The same goes for the 7.62mm NATO weapons, though i havent been able to find whether or not those weapons use potential STANAG mags, the ammo is still the same and can be put from one mag into the other, so again, fail.
-No fire selector switch. Most guns were stuck on full auto, which anyone should know sucks. A great waste of ammo and accuracy.
-Theres sniper rifles everywhere, but rarely a chance to use them. Most combat is of the close to medium range type.
-The thermal optics found on some weapons failed epicly. Zoom was often too high, but thats not really the bad part. First is how it was just made to look fancy... whats with that honeycomb stuff on the edges... then it goes from bad to worse. As soon as you kill someone, they suddenly stop emitting heat instantly, and return to a normal greyscale vision, from being bright white before. Besides, thermal images arent in greyscale.
Photoshopped - Real thermal image
Note how on the thermal image, the hotter spots get brighter red to yellow. Also note how the weapon (not just the barrel, i could have believed that) and the night vision goggles, appear to be hotter than the person. Aside from that there's simply too much detail in the fake. (It even shows shadows... shadows arent visible on thermal images)
-During training you are warned not to fire from the hip, as you wouldnt hit anything. So far so good, but I actually found it pretty easy to hit stuff, while it shouldnt have been.
-You're also told it's better to switch to your sidearm when you're empty... except then you've suddenly got TWO guns to reload...

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimosabi
View Post

Dude, Chiel, you need ARMA II.

Except that game crashes all the time because its made by a bunch of people who aren't paid properly.

When valve releases CS:S 2 or something, I'll be happy.

Until then, EA, IW, Actifail, Suck my huge chicken please.

TF2 is the only FPS I Enjoy playing right now... and its not as 'hardcore' as I like it to be.. its too casual, I need my newer CS:S

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Someone who rejects all new games and believes that constant multiplayer Valve games based on badass oldschool concepts are the best?

I found my soulmate.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
Dude, Chiel, you need ARMA II.

A game with head-bob, blur, bad sound on A-10 minigun, Operation Flashpoint had the good sound but the POS FPS feeling.

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
Except that game crashes all the time because its made by a bunch of people who aren't paid properly.

TF2 is the only FPS I Enjoy playing right now... and its not as 'hardcore' as I like it to be.. its too casual, I need my newer CS:S
My ARMA II haven't crashed once. It's a bit buggy sure but I'd take that game over MW2 any day. I'm waiting for DICE to get their thumbs out BTW.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX
View Post

Have you tried S&D Hardcore in MW1 with a well moderated server???

I play on GA and\\or Bones and it's tons of fun...

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
One comment on the thermal imaging. Most military IR stuff is in gray scale, or black and white. It's the fancy consumer or scientific stuff that gets color. This is a fact; my step-brother was a ground controller for Army helicopters in Iraq, and he showed us an IR video from a helicopter on one mission he helped oversee (after it was declassified; no it wasn't top secret or anything, the army classifies everything until they decide it's harmless). It was all gray scale IR.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Does the game very choppy for you? Like all of a sudden the game would freeze for a few seconds and resume? Played it my friend's rig who has a a proper GTX280 SLi and it does that! and the graphics? Look like Far Cry 2

Overall its a rehash of MW1;and you know what? The next game is going to be hyped even more.

Quote:
I remember when everyone hated DICE just as much as Activision. Now everyones ZOMG BFBC2!

Wishy washy peoples.
I didn't hate Dice.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!! View Post
proper rant never gets old.

because it's a sad story.
His Steam acc now has AIDS.
Doesn't yours have it too?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Am I the only one who does like it? I got it for the 360 (none of my IRL friends play on a PC) and have been having a blast. Team Deathmatch VIP with only a riot shield and throwing knife for the win [
]

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129
View Post

One comment on the thermal imaging. Most military IR stuff is in gray scale, or black and white. It's the fancy consumer or scientific stuff that gets color. This is a fact; my step-brother was a ground controller for Army helicopters in Iraq, and he showed us an IR video from a helicopter on one mission he helped oversee (after it was declassified; no it wasn't top secret or anything, the army classifies everything until they decide it's harmless). It was all gray scale IR.

I agree, I have seen a lot of FLIR videos from all kinds aircraft, they are always grayscale, switchable from white hot, to black hot.

Even on the science images, that is just false colors added in after.

Predator, on the other hand (and I mean the space monster with dreadlocks.).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts