Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am here to tell you why I will never buy an hp monitor or any other product again due to the amount of crap I have been experiencing from this company.

On December 2nd 2010 I placed an order for an HP ZR24W monitor and received it on December 8th 2010 and everything seemed to be working perfectly. Fast forward two weeks and the monitor starts making a loud click noise when I power it on.

I contact HP support on December 30th regarding this issue and they determine the monitor to be defective and send a replacement which arrived on January 4th 2011.

Upon powering up the monitor I discover to my horror two things.
1. The monitor is a refurb that they sent as a replacement for my brand new monitor.
2. It has a large chunk of debris stuck under the screen rendering it also defective and very distracting.

I contact hp support the same day and they send out another replacement which arrives on January 5th 2011 and its also another refurb after I expressed that I did not want a refurbished replacement monitor.
When I powered on this monitor it was even worse than before as it had 2 lines of completely dead pixels and a thumb print sized cluster of red stuck pixels.

At this point i'm fed up with hp as I have now received 3 defective monitors and I call them up and ask for a refund to which they respond that they can not issue a refund when I called their number specifically for refunds and they will have to have a case manager call me and I just need to tell them I want a refund. I should note that I had to speak with 7 different people to get this answer because I was being continually transfered and ended back in the same department I called to.

Total length of this call 35 minutes.

Now something I need to clarify here is that HP's return policy posted on their website says I can request a return if its within 30 days of receipt of the product and there are even special exemptions if its defective.

On January 7th 2011 I finally get a call from the case manager that is supposed to help me setup a refund for the defective product to which he states " I can not issue a refund for a defective product I can only replace it or give you a brand new one" Now from my point of view I did not want to do this because what guarantee was there that the new one wouldn't be defective or that I wouldn't get another refurb. I again insist that I don't want a replacement or a new one I just want a refund to be issued and for me to send the product back.

At this point he said the same thing to me again and I asked him so what your telling me is that you will not honor your own return policy, and he blatantly said yes.

After going back and forth on this for a while he finally sent it off to a case manager do another call back and he couldn't guarantee that they could help me.

Total length of this call 45 minutes.

So at this point I am waiting for yet another person to call me to resolve this issue. If they do not I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company and a complaint with the BBB.

Hp return policy http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/infodesk/returns.asp?jumpid=re_R295_store/assist/computing/return-policy

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I'll never buy an HP product.

We fix computers where I work, and 90% of the ones that come in with hardware failure are HP. Not only that, but some are still under warranty however HP refuses to honor it.

Now whenever someone comes in and asks what brand to buy, we pretty much recommend anything but eMachines or HP.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
At least they actually got back to you within a reasonable time frame, and actually sent out replacements fast. Just ask them for a new monitor then. Take a picture. If it doesn't go well after this, file a complaint with the BBB, but I doubt that will do much. Maybe you could bring it to a store and have it exchanged?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbarry
View Post

At least they actually got back to you within a reasonable time frame, and actually sent out replacements fast. Just ask them for a new monitor then. Take a picture. If it doesn't go well after this, file a complaint with the BBB, but I doubt that will do much. Maybe you could bring it to a store and have it exchanged?

I bought it from hp directly though their website, if it was a 3rd party it would have been much easier to return.

I agree that it was nice that the time frames were reasonable but whats the point if the issue isn't resolved?

Well I have talked with consumer relations and they were supposed to pick up the monitor and send me a check on Friday but of course they never showed up to to pick up the monitor so I will have to call them yet again on Monday to try and get this resolved.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
that's fraud in some way isn't it?

yeah, just stick with not buying them.

sorry man

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
i dont care for any company but i think this is a rare case. i think you are fortunate you're dealing with hp coz hp is a big company and will probably eventually issue you a refund unlike a smaller company like dell which just lives their customers hanging with defective products after their warranties run out.
the difference btwn junk from hp and dell is that hp is a bigger company and hp has better warranties.

i think its just protocol and bureaucratic crap they gotta go through to prevent customer fraud.

my experience with hp customer service has been great. they send me an empty box overnight and fix my laptops without question.

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
Did your issue get resolved yet Zhany?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After over a month of going back and forth with HP, filing a report with bbb, and a report with the FTC because of them calling me at 6:57am(needless to say I was furious at that one) , and a dispute with my credit card company.
I finally received a return shipping label after having to send a copy of my receipt showing that I actually bought it from them directly because they insisted I bought it from a 3rd party and they had it under a different name that wasn't me either??????

Also what made me mad is they only called me again after not picking it up once they received the report from the BBB.

Now to see if they will actually issue the credit I will only close the disputes and bbb report once I have the money.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remix65
View Post

i dont care for any company but i think this is a rare case. i think you are fortunate you're dealing with hp coz hp is a big company and will probably eventually issue you a refund unlike a smaller company like dell which just lives their customers hanging with defective products after their warranties run out.
the difference btwn junk from hp and dell is that hp is a bigger company and hp has better warranties.

i think its just protocol and bureaucratic crap they gotta go through to prevent customer fraud.

my experience with hp customer service has been great. they send me an empty box overnight and fix my laptops without question.

You whould think that. But no. HP are the plague.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhany
View Post

After over a month of going back and forth with HP, filing a report with bbb, and a report with the FTC because of them calling me at 6:57am(needless to say I was furious at that one) , and a dispute with my credit card company.
I finally received a return shipping label after having to send a copy of my receipt showing that I actually bought it from them directly because they insisted I bought it from a 3rd party and they had it under a different name that wasn't me either??????

Also what made me mad is they only called me again after not picking it up once they received the report from the BBB.

Now to see if they will actually issue the credit I will only close the disputes and bbb report once I have the money.

This is how big companies in the U.S stay rich they like to take money but HATE giving it back. / and or providing service.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thing is if they don't issue the refund and they have the product my credit card company will force a charge back since they will have the product and I can prove they have the product but I don't have a refund.

Ill consider that an option of last resort though if it comes to that hopefully it wont.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'll never buy an HP product after buying my first laptop from them (it was quite a few years ago), the hard drive died after 3 months and whenever I called them I had to wait for a minimum of 2 hours before anyone picked up.

I don't get why everyone hates on dell though. As long as you can stand the Indian tech support then their tech support is just fine and according to studies their computers are nearly as reliable as Macs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Banned
13 Posts
fyi the popping noise on startup is normal. it's the inverter switching over from super high voltage to normal voltage when turning the CCFLs on. The HP support people have no idea what they are talking about.

HP is not good on the consumer side. I agree you should have gotten a brand new one the first time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts