Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at my temps and saw that they were only @50c on a 4.2 oc on a 2600k 4.2oc its like much higher i know its a 32nm vs 45nm but i thought smaller is better right
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,044 Posts
It's more to do with transister count. AMD never really been hot running chips as far as i can remember.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,824 Posts
Architectural differences.

ie: The fact that some i7s with HT will add at least 5-6C in temps compared to lets say a i7 without HT.

i7s just run hotter than Phenoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029;15236215
It's more to do with transister count. AMD never really been hot running chips as far as i can remember.
Last time I remember AMD being hotter than Intel were during the days of P4 and Athon64
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
the intel is faster
we're u expecting a free lunch?
everything has it's price
 

·
MEGABYTE ME
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6;15236239
Last time I remember AMD being hotter than Intel were during the days of P4 and Athon64
It was always the other way round for me. P4's were smokin HOT!!!!! lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6;15236239
Architectural differences.

ie: The fact that some i7s with HT will add at least 5-6C in temps compared to lets say a i7 without HT.

i7s just run hotter than Phenoms.

Last time I remember AMD being hotter than Intel were during the days of P4 and Athon64
Yeah it was quite some time back, takes me back to how we used to use opterons for gaming, as there overclockability back in the day was tremendous. Hands up who remembers the FX-60? Those were the days.
 

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
Joined
·
6,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonished;15236383
Depends on which chips your comparing, that's like saying Camaro is faster than Ford

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
a mustang boy huh? Bring your pony car to the strip with my 69 camaro ss, we'll see who outdoes who.

Anyhow, intel has almost always had the upper hand performance wise, with this comes heat for speed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,168 Posts
Different sensor locations as well.

AMD's chips are so terrible they can't go over 62C.

With your Intel chip 90C is the new 60C, you're on there, but it's a bit hotter anyone here would like to run.

Think of 75C as the new 55C, that's as high as you really want to go for 24/7 clocks, during normal usage, not prime or linpacks.

Your new chip actually uses less power than your old one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by PCSarge
View Post

a mustang boy huh? Bring your pony car to the strip with my 69 camaro ss, we'll see who outdoes who.

Anyhow, intel has almost always had the upper hand performance wise, with this comes heat for speed.

What? haha. You either just got that car, or you're just one of those cocky people.

My post had nothing to do with my personal preference of cars. It was a comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by PCSarge
View Post

a mustang boy huh? Bring your pony car to the strip with my 69 camaro ss, we'll see who outdoes who.

Anyhow, intel has almost always had the upper hand performance wise, with this comes heat for speed.

Hahaha, you didn't even read his post.

Shows what kind of person you are.

Edit: Take your car and bring it to the track, see how well it does against my Bugatti Veyron.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top