Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i check my folding stats it shows i have only 1 cpu running i have 2 (3 if you count my HT p4 as 2, i have 2 consoles running). BUt it only shows one.. i thought maybe i just had to finish a WU first but it says i have done 9 of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Good question. How long have you been folding? maby they havent updated that section in a while.

a few days maybe 4 and thats what i thought too which i can understand but why update the rest and not that just seemed odd o well guess i'll just give it sometime... also why would they update it so show one and not them all? I put up both machines with in 5 min of each other so unless they updated in 5min window in between something just doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

have all of them completed a WU
if not theres your answer
if so then you might have entered your name different or the team number

i checked the name and team number.. they are corrent.. the weird thing is that one PC says its done 2 wu and well the other is running 2 versions of console and i dont know how to tell on there but i think i finised at least one on each of those consoles.. (ya i realy dont know where it is getting the 9 wu i finished lol)

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
what i would do is try reinstalling the app on the other computers that are not producing...

also check your FAHlog its in the directory where you installed it... maybe it will tell you something, Errors maybe...

Other than that i dont have any other ideas

goodluck

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowmirage

i checked the name and team number.. they are corrent.. the weird thing is that one PC says its done 2 wu and well the other is running 2 versions of console and i dont know how to tell on there but i think i finised at least one on each of those consoles.. (ya i realy dont know where it is getting the 9 wu i finished lol)

I run multiple projects through BOINC and sometimes in those projects if a WU gets sent to them but is corrupt or whatever it will go back into the que and the credit is lost.... other times it can take them a while to process a particular WU... especially if it uncovered anything special.... and the credit may not be applied immediately. Also I'm not sure how the folding project works but sometimes I get multiple WU's in a single package that give me multiple credits when it's done. This is true especially if the WU's are double checks or spot checks of other's results... unfortunately you never really know exactly what you are processing so their scoring and tallying system is pretty much only accurate over the long-haul.... give it a few days and it shoudl all fall into place.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

I run multiple projects through BOINC and sometimes in those projects if a WU gets sent to them but is corrupt or whatever it will go back into the que and the credit is lost.... other times it can take them a while to process a particular WU... especially if it uncovered anything special.... and the credit may not be applied immediately. Also I'm not sure how the folding project works but sometimes I get multiple WU's in a single package that give me multiple credits when it's done. This is true especially if the WU's are double checks or spot checks of other's results... unfortunately you never really know exactly what you are processing so their scoring and tallying system is pretty much only accurate over the long-haul.... give it a few days and it shoudl all fall into place.

great thanks for the info

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

great thanks for the info

NP... oh... you should also look at your process tables to make sure they are actually all running... I got ticked one day after i got back from a vacation only to find out that I didn;t turn the client on and had left my machiens on for almost a month and accomplished nothing.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
here you go tells you points and all just match your pnumber with this site
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummary.html

oh and if your running two instances i dont recomend it...
you will get crappy cores and less points in the end...

im only getting the big cores now that Fah knows ive got big guns

600points per WU isnt that bad...
ive dropped a couple of places because ive had some issues with my computer that i just got worked out so i should jump back up soon

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

here you go tells you points and all just match your pnumber with this site
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummary.html

oh and if your running two instances i dont recomend it...
you will get crappy cores and less points in the end...

im only getting the big cores now that Fah knows ive got big guns

600points per WU isnt that bad...
ive dropped a couple of places because ive had some issues with my computer that i just got worked out so i should jump back up soon

so haveing one instance running but only doing 50% cpu useage will acctually do more work then? Or do they just send you bigger (thus harder) stuff that is wroth more beacuse they know you can handle it?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
tell me how many CPUs do you actually have on your computer
1 right
now devide that by two [hyperthreading]
so 2 devided by 1 = .5
or 50 %

iv posted on this several times ill find a link to one of my older threads proving this one for you...

heres you link

if you look closely you will see what im talking about ok...
if you dont get it i guess you never will and you will

if you can trust anyone on this you can trust me...
im number 9 in folding and with the least amount of computers...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

tell me how many CPUs do you actually have on your computer
1 right
now devide that by two [hyperthreading]
so 2 devided by 1 = .5
or 50 %

iv posted on this several times ill find a link to one of my older threads proving this one for you...

heres you link

if you look closely you will see what im talking about ok...
if you dont get it i guess you never will and you will

if you can trust anyone on this you can trust me...
im number 9 in folding and with the least amount of computers...

Its not that I dont belive you i just wanted to know the why like i alwasy do
thanks for the info.. this is acctually much easier beacuse know i wont have to run both versions of console and set the afinity and yada yada yada.. does this apply to acctually TRUE dual CPU systems? well you probably already went over that i'll read all that info first thanks

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Its not that I dont belive you i just wanted to know the why like i alwasy do
thanks for the info.. this is acctually much easier beacuse know i wont have to run both versions of console and set the afinity and yada yada yada.. does this apply to acctually TRUE dual CPU systems? well you probably already went over that i'll read all that info first thanks

True dual CPUs will actually show 100%
because they are actually two cpus
not one false cpu...

I assure you that the SEESAW is TRUE...

If you want to you can turn off HT for a week and see temps and results will be the same... I wish windows wouldnt make it so confusing

Happy Folding

1 - 14 of 14 Posts