Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if Fermi comes out and prices are ridiculous then im getting a couple 5870s. The last mouth I been looking at witch one I want to get and I just noticed both the 5850 and the 5870 have gone up about $20+ find that strange!! If anything i thought it would go down ..

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Prices don't go down when demand is high and no competition exists.

When Fermi is released and is somewhat competitive price/performance-wise things might change. However, this might not happen immediately as many people are just waiting for Fermi to be released before they buy an ATI card. I'd expect this to pass roughly a month or two after Fermi. Then we might see some more significant changes to the current prices. Prices rise quickly but drop slowly. Supply and demand is only a small part of the picture. With no competition there is nothing from stopping ATI from going higher with the prices as they have the superior product (Superiority is automatic when nobody has anything to offer).

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
The quantity of the GTX470 and GTX480 on the launch date would be very limited imo, so there won't be many around to buy. The 5850 and 5870 would still be in high demand as ever.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Dont forget that the etailers are adding their markup as well, newegg is the worst atm, jumping prices far past the point of good bussiness.They are imo taking advantage of the s&d issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts