Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been suggested before but it was the first thing that caught my attention was just a huge list of users that greets me on the home page. As a guest, I really don't care who is logged on (even as a member I don't), I was looking to browse the forums a little bit before I registered and it wasn't until I noticed the scrollbar had room to scroll that I found the forums.

With most forums, if they do have a user list, it's usually on the bottom in a place where it's not intrusive to the home page. It really looks unprofessional and just messes with the flow of the site altogether.

DISCUSS

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lblitzer
View Post

Not sure if this has been suggested before but it was the first thing that caught my attention was just a huge list of users that greets me on the home page. As a guest, I really don't care who is logged on (even as a member I don't), I was looking to browse the forums a little bit before I registered and it wasn't until I noticed the scrollbar had room to scroll that I found the forums.

With most forums, if they do have a user list, it's usually on the bottom in a place where it's not intrusive to the home page. It really looks unprofessional and just messes with the flow of the site altogether.

DISCUSS

Most people who browse this site do so at high resolutions, so it really doesn't matter. Most people are also quite curious to see how many members are on at any given time, i know i am (considering when i used to browse these forums some time back, there were never even close to this many member at a time).

Also, most people expect that there's going to be some scrolling involved in a forum >_>.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
This is a good point... why is this at the top? I mean, it's not tremendously annoying, but I would agree; there is no point in having this up top. I don't really notice it because my favorite link is set to my subscribed threads.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

It helps the stalkers locate their quarry.

lol pffft.... OCN stalkers? This isn't facebook! lol.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I've always liked it there to be honest.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand
View Post

Most people who browse this site do so at high resolutions, so it really doesn't matter. Most people are also quite curious to see how many members are on at any given time, i know i am (considering when i used to browse these forums some time back, there were never even close to this many member at a time).

Also, most people expect that there's going to be some scrolling involved in a forum >_>.

I'd say 1920x1080 is probably the most common resolution you'll find, but you barely reach the bottom of the users on a busy night.

I do like looking at statistics, but I'd rather do scrolling and searching for that rather than the directory of forums and subforums.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'd say 1920x1080 is probably the most common resolution you'll find, but you barely reach the bottom of the users on a busy night.

I do like looking at statistics, but I'd rather do scrolling and searching for that rather than the directory of forums and subforums.

Absolutely FALSE. I'm sure the webmaster would be able to give us the most used res on this website... I would consider myself the average user with a 20" widescreen and also 32" 720p LCD and I don't use 1080 anywhere... (unfortunately)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker
View Post

Absolutely FALSE. I'm sure the webmaster would be able to give us the most used res on this website... I would consider myself the average user with a 20" widescreen and also 32" 720p LCD and I don't use 1080 anywhere... (unfortunately)

I think most people's desktops on here will use 1080+. Only laptops would bring down this average.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker View Post
Your credibility is a little flawed when you consider yourself confident by saying "I'm sure."

Really though with LCDs being so cheap now I'm still staying by my claim, but really it's nothing to argue about. Just was bringing up a point that at a high res it looks a little intrusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dom_sufc View Post
Click the arrow key to the right of it. That minimises it and presumably saves in your cookies/profile settings.
Nice! That works wonderfully (albeit the silly gap when you minimize it, but I can live with that)!

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
At 2048x1536 that...does not bother me one bit.

At...whatever pathetically small res my Droid displays OCN at(320x240 I think, no clue TBH)...it still doesn't bother me.

You found the collapse button though. So all's good.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Your credibility is a little flawed when you consider yourself confident by saying "I'm sure."

Really though with LCDs being so cheap now I'm still staying by my claim, but really it's nothing to argue about. Just was bringing up a point that at a high res it looks a little intrusive.

Nice! That works wonderfully (albeit the silly gap when you minimize it, but I can live with that)!

How does that affect my credibility? Out of 135,841 members, more than half of them (>67,921) use a 1080 res or higher? And you have 24 posts and no credibility?

Anyways, back on track...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts