Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have either seen >30 inch 60Hz ones or <27 inch 120Hz ones.

If you are using Windows, 4K resolution below 30 inch is a pain. Some windows get blurred, icon, text and window magnifications are unproportional. I always prefer my desktop %100 ratio, as it is designed to be used. But at 27 inch everything is painfully small to look at. (os X does a great job in magnifications i wish microsoft could learn a thing or two from them.)

So if I look for 30+ inch versions, suddenly all high refresh rate options are gone and i'm stuck with choppy 60Hz (more like slide show simulator) monitors...

I mean who buys 60Hz monitor for gaming in 2018?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Panel tech and development problems, as well as limits in current cable bandwidth are pretty much it. Monitors based on the AU Optronics M270QAN02.2 panel are on the way, and they're pretty much lined up to be the holy grail of current gaming tech. Don't know what to tell you except to be patient and they'll start rolling out eventually.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightEMatt View Post

Panel tech and development problems, as well as limits in current cable bandwidth are pretty much it. Monitors based on the AU Optronics M270QAN02.2 panel are on the way, and they're pretty much lined up to be the holy grail of current gaming tech. Don't know what to tell you except to be patient and they'll start rolling out eventually.
Both dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.0b allows 4K @ 120Hz.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post

Both dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.0b allows 4K @ 120Hz.
HDMI 2.0B can only do 60Hz officially, need 2.1 for that. DP 1.4 can do 120Hz, but panel makers decided to go for 144Hz. You have to remember that the latest cable standards have only been standardized for a year and a half. Big tech like this takes a long time to develop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts