Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
A. I'm not sure why you're looking at sears.com for computer parts...
B. A 5570 is a very basic GPU, its not anywhere near the performance of a ~ $100 card (i.e. a Nvidia 550ti or AMD 6770)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I must have been googling for one of the other 5xxx series that's higher on the performance list, and this one slipped into the search results w/o me noticing the difference. Sorry, this GPU stuff is new to me. I'll be more watchful of that.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
For the performance, I don't consider this cheap..... The newegg link posted by XAslanX is cheap, but its USD vs sources CAD price reference... we pay a premium regardless of currency standing... You can get a used 5770/6770 for the sears price, and have a much much more powerful card... even though the 5/6770's aren't beasts by any measure these days.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I sold mine for $25 in a bundle with my old rig. Price for Performance I say

It was the Asus EAH5570 1gb, I would consider it the better 5570 of the bunch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For everyone saying that's not cheap, you're right. I think I was thinking of the 5770 (see post 5). As for posting in the nVidia forum, that's was just a brain fart. I seem to be having a lot of those today. Think I'll go take a nap now if my kids let me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is just a theory (until I can get more people to post samples...)

I recently discovered that the new Radeon HD5570 has been using a different GPU chip than the previous ones (new = some kind of crippled Turks instead of the previous Everwood).

*** this is a theory only, I need more people to report so we can collate results ***
It could be that those Turks chips that failed to make it into HD6570 are now being relegated to HD5570, with fewer stream processing units and ROPs and about 20-40% penalty in performance testing than real HD5570.

For more details and pics, see my post here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159483

gpuzpowercolorradeonhd5.gif

(this is a PowerColor Radeon HD5570 1Gb GDDR3 model AX5570-1GK3-HV2, yet the specs smack of HD5550 and with fewer ROPs to boot...)

The new HD5570 just cost the equivalent of around US$53-56 here in our country, where it used to be more like the equivalent of US$63 several months ago -- so the price decrease may also be due to changing the GPU chip inside?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.