Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am folding a 6903 wu in ubuntu within vmplayer, but in windows, coretemp says its not using 100% cpu, why is that? it is folding currently because it says that 0% completed, but how do i get it to use all cpu? i have it set for 12 threads, eventhough i have 2600k, but that is ok i believe the guide said.

·
Banned
11,670 Posts
It's called a machine. Not an account.
Also, it's possible that if you didn't change any settings the VMX file isn't created. Crisp, IDK if you Aussies can upload stuff (since you're upside down it would be downloading), but if you can upload the VMX file for him to stick in that folder.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk;15250559
I am folding a 6903 wu in ubuntu within vmplayer, but in windows, coretemp says its not using 100% cpu, why is that? it is folding currently because it says that 0% completed, but how do i get it to use all cpu? i have it set for 12 threads, eventhough i have 2600k, but that is ok i believe the guide said.
Use -smp 8, otherwise you'll get longer TPF when it tries to load 12 threads on your 2600K.

And if you are indeed running v3.1.4 you should switch to 3.0.0 which is the latest VMware Player that lets you use more than 4 cores.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts