Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a question. I recently installed windows vista and now it won't recognize my 5.1 surround sound speakers. I recently installed the drivers for the speakers and it works but the computer only recognizes that I have 2.1 speakers. It doesn't recognize my subwoofer or any of my other speakers. There are four ports on my amp for my subwoofer and my speakers. They are as follows, front, rear, center, C/sub, rear, front. The only speakers that will work by the ones that I plug in to the front amp port.
In windows XP it recognizes that I have 5.1 surround sound speakers. Why isn't it recognizing that I have 5.1 in vista?
If anybody can help me I'd be very grateful thanks,
Kenny

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All cool. Can anybody direct me to some vista drivers? I am using Microsoft's speech recognition right now, that is why I'm making some errors and not noticing it. It's awefully cool!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thats not completly working out for me, because that is not an english website, and I am not sure what creative soundcard I have. I do know the model number though....SB0090. Can anybody find drivers for that?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Fury. Preciate it!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup it sure did! thanks again m8!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
if you wanna install additional options like thx console to set your speakers and sub, you can just put your original disc in....go to the folder audio -> setup and run setup,(this works on X-fi cards not sure for audigy's) not all the features work on my X-fi but its more than only the driver

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks!
Also, I have a mic, and for some reason the mic is constantly active and plays what ever it pics up through the speakers..why is that? How do it "KILL" it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts