Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am not currently in front of my computer, therefore, I cannot try anything atm...<br />
<br />
I was up until 3am trying everything I could think of last night...Trying to get it to work!!<br />
<br />
I was running the XG Warcat 6.8 Drivers (Yes, Crossfire was enabled, so it recognized both cards). Now I'm running Catalyst 6.9's.<br />
<br />
I did these :<br />
<br />
I unistalled Warcats, used Driver Cleaner Pro (reffered to as DCP from now on).<br />
<br />
Installed Catalyst 6.9 Drivers. Enabled Crossfire again, ran 3DMark06, got 5763 or something really low...So, I'm pretty sure that's just the Crossfire Master Cards score, because :<br />
<br />
I removed both cards, put the X1900XTX in the top slot, and reinstalled, rand DCP, and ran 3DMark06 again, got over 6000 pts, same CPU Speeed.<br />
<br />
So, I uninstalled Drivers again, ran DCP, Put both cards back in...(I did not run the X1900 Crossfire Master alone, I forgot cuz I was <i>tired</i>).<br />
<br />
Re-installed Drivers yet <i>again</i>, ran 3DMark06, got 5750 or something low, <b>again!</b><br />
I know that the Crossfire card is working, because when I run it with both cards installed and Crossfire Enabled, the Crossfire Master is blowing out the hot air, but the Slave (XTX) isn't blowing any hot air, doesn't seem like it's being used (obviously).<br />
<br />
So, *** is going on? Can anyone tell me whats going on by chance?<br />
<br />
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Well im not sure if ATI is the same as NVIDIA but just turning on "SLI" in nvidia control panel doesnt actually make it render in SLI, you got to go to advanced settings and set the rendering mode to something after enabling SLI. Just throwing it out there, ATI might not be the same tho.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
I'm not familiar with your mobo, but with mine, the CF Edition master card goes in the orange slot, with the slave going in the other. Apparently that matters sometimes, might in your case also.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have master in Top Slot, Slave in Bottom, which is how it goes..

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, and Yes...I know this system fairly well...As I stated before I have Crossfire Enabled, which is why I can't figure out why it's not working...Maybe my Crossfire Cable is bad??? Anyone got an extra I can test with?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chozart, you around mang?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Are there any bios option you need to enable for crossfire to work, I know there is on my board for sli. Are the drivers the only thing you have changed from when it worked before?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I as well have another rig that is SLI, but there isn't an option to "Enable Crossfire," in mobo's BIOS, like there is with the SLI Mobo's...Wish it was that simple...<br><br>
I'm thinking I need to reinstall windows..<br><br>
I wish I had some way to test these things on another board or something...<br><br>
I guess I'll try a fresh install of Windows tonight...Maybe in all my trials and tribulations of pissing around with drivers, I f'ed something up deep inside..Who knows...<br><br>
Can I make a CD that enables me to have the exact same programs and stuff for when I reinstall Windows? Would that be a "Backup Disk?" Or do I just install Windows from the Backup Disk

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
This may be a really dumb question but do you have the cables between them fully seated? Also are both cards getting full power?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Sounds like driver issues to me... I guess DCP is not picking up all the Warcat stuff.<br><br>
I'd try a clean re-install indeed...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I'm betting Chozart...Guess I'll try that tonight...YAY<br />
<br />
Gotta get this fixed before my Dell 2407 gets here!!

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
hehhe yep.<br />
<br />
when you enable Crossfire in CCC, it does say that Crossfire is enabled..right?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Also check in Catalyst that you have Advanced Setting in the A.I. option and not standard. I remember reading in Catalyst that it is recommend to be on advanced.<br />
<br />
Also try running one card in aquamark, that seems pretty low for a x1900. As my one x1600 got a higher score then that.<br />
<br />
pink

• Rep+
Reactions: BrinNutz

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Chozart</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">hehhe yep.<br />
<br />
when you enable Crossfire in CCC, it does say that Crossfire is enabled..right?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div><br />
Sure does...<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Pink,<br />
<br />
Where did you read this at? I have not seen this, I have A.I. Disabled...<br />
<br />
Chozart, you know anything about this??

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
A.I. enabled is better for Crossfire. It uses A.I for recognizing games that are specifically coded with Crossfire in mind.<br />
<br />
I don't think, however, that it would result in benchmarks that resemble single card only though.<br />
<br />
Try it... I would be surprised

• Rep+
Reactions: BrinNutz

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you go into the CrossFire tab, in the little info it says about it, it recommends AI being enabled. <br />
<br />
"Also, while enabling CrossFire, it is recommended that CATALYST A.I. be enabled in the 3D settings (by default, it is enabled)." <br />
<br />
I dont think this is your problem though. With it disabled, to my knowledge, it just renders everything the same way with both cards, when it is enabled, it recognizes the program and uses the best crossfire rendering (not sure if render is the right word) mode.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I'll try that when I get home anyways though...Can't hurt!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can someone with Crossfire do me a favor..<br />
<br />
In CCC, on the Crossfire tab, where you go to enable it...In that page, on the top, is a drop down menu.<br />
<br />
Now, if I remember right, it used to show both cards there, not just the Crossfire Edition, can someone please let me know if it shows both cards there, or just one?<br />
<br />
B/c ATI Tool brings up both.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts