Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the rest of the stuff for my build - after alot of tries i got it to load windows xp but it keeps hanging after a couple of minutes. The CPU HS & HSF are mounted properly. I'll try shifting the RAM into another slot but im not sure thats it either.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
try the memory slot switch, but its also best to run memtest to make sure you are getting no errors with default speeds on your memory.
I'm assuming it's hanging with everything default..
You might also want to consider upgrading your bios to the most current for your motherboard.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to upgrade the bios asap anyway - ive been told that i need the newest one to stay stable if i want to oc to anything decent

The third eye tool keeps oc'ing it by .04ghz - ive dropped it to stock and it seems a little stabler. Ill run the memtest and put it in another slot. I want to be OC'd to 2.4 on stock - ive seen it done and it doesnt run hot...wish me luck, lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You will get to 2.4 no problem. It may or may not require a slight increase in voltage, but most likely not. The best way to overclock is in the bios and not thru a program. Programs can be a little quirky and unreliable.
Give the bios a flash and go from there. good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.