Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea why ASUS has not made one? Cannibalization of the Crosshair boards? Seems to me there would be room for both brands.

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
TUF seems to have gone downhill with AM4; my guess it that ASUS prefers to put all of their enthusiast eggs in the ROG basket. They may just not see the market for something between a gamer/enthusiast platform and a pure workstation platform. It's too bad, because that niche is my precise use-case and I loved both my X79 and 990FX Sabertooth boards.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TUF seems to have gone downhill with AM4; my guess it that ASUS prefers to put all of their enthusiast eggs in the ROG basket. They may just not see the market for something between a gamer/enthusiast platform and a pure workstation platform. It's too bad, because that niche is my precise use-case and I loved both my X79 and 990FX Sabertooth boards.
I have a CHFZ, and the a Gen1 Sabertooth and a R2. I really like both on the 990FX platform. I still would be in the market for both brands if the Sabertooth was made available for AM4. Make it non- RGB with real heatsinks like Gigabyte is doing. With more an emphasis on functionality than bling.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to hear about this from an ASUS rep.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts