Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know half of my posts havent been to help out, but i dont get this. Do half the people on here not no how to press rep+ when u help um out
It just seems that 128 posts and 1 rep dont get along, cuz theyre fighting with eachother and im sick of hearin it

No im not begging for rep, im pointing out to new ppl to plz use the rep system or die XD

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Isn't this classified as a 'rep begging' situation?

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
^^^I beleive so. Or "Rep Whining".

It will come if you're helpful. Don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester
I agree. Ignore the rep thing. It's there but it's not useful for just about anything (except emailing).

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester
No.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Yeah, you basically have to forget abour rep here, and just help people. Rep is second to helping people. You help people to help people, not recieve rep.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
If you help 100 people and get only 1 rep, you've still helped 100 people.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I edited my main post, no this is not a rep beg/rep whine.
Im telling all you ppl to use this beautiful button called REP+

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
If you help 100 people and get only 1 rep, you've still helped 100 people.
Yeah thats what i was thinking at like 100 posts lol didnt even think about rep, then its nearing 150 and im startin to think sums up

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartOfAHydra
I know half of my posts havent been to help out, but i dont get this. Do half the people on here not no how to press rep+ when u help um out
It just seems that 128 posts and 1 rep dont get along, cuz theyre fighting with eachother and im sick of hearin it

Well...before you get upset
Under the old system you would have had something to angry about...people with 1000's of rep points for posting games and BS...and some people are stingy...this is true.
I remember the day it had changed and was like DAMN!!!! 200+ people have repped me!!!!
And that's what's up...so now I'm a little higher than some of the others who used to be higher than I was. With the vast amount of members we have it really shouldn't be that hard to build up some steam. Just make sure you post valid info and don't get frustrated.
I frequently check old posts and members that I don't know that well to see their contributions to the forum...good info gets...
"The Cookie"
!!!

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
You should have been here for the gread rep depression of 2006. Overnight the value of rep currancy deflated and caused a rep-economy meltdown,

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

I guess people have very high standards. You probably help lots of people out, but they just feel your help was not of a high enough standard (judged by their standards) to be REP-worthy..?

Personally, I REP anybody who helps me, even if they didn't help much. I think it's worthwhile to do so, because even if somebody didn't help a great deal, if they sincerely tried to help, gave their time to try to help and contributed to helping, they should get something for their efforts. Far too often people don't even bother trying to help. I even REP people for solving other people's problems, if I think they came up with a good solution, especially if they're new to the forum.

I think folks have got a bit hesitant to REP of late, especially so since all the changes to the REP system over the last few months... Still, helping each other out should be our primary motivation when answering questions on o/c.net, as I'm sure it is for the vast majority of people here. REPs are always nice though

Highly-Annoyed

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC

You should have been here for the gread rep depression of 2006. Overnight the value of rep currancy deflated and caused a rep-economy meltdown,

When this happened i thought i had done something wrong and had all my rep stolen lol.

Was rather annoying that i got reps from the higher members that gave more rep as when it came to the change i had less

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Now I just browsed about 10 threads that you were in (most of them started by yourself)...and there were some useful posts but there were also better posts from others that were more descriptive.
I have to say this...research your post more thoroughly (I often research while I'm typing...LOL) to find the simplest/most effective solution to the poster's problem...simply telling someone "...that's your problem..." doesn't ward any gratitude. You'll get some points man...hang in there.

PS....My 520W ColorSit isn't all that bad either...LMAO

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Dont Whine about REP. Now new members will soon learn about the REP system and when to use it. Sure ive helped people and dont recieve REP for it, However it shouldnt matter. Take in the good feeling that you HELPED someone in need. We dont get paid here so why should getting REP be all that different. Dont worry about it is what i say.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Dont Whine about REP. Now new members will soon learn about the REP system and when to use it. Sure ive helped people and dont recieve REP for it, However it shouldnt matter. Take in the good feeling that you HELPED someone in need. We dont get paid here so why should getting REP be all that different. Dont worry about it is what i say.

Easy for you to say. The number of rep's you have is enough to give someone with a single rep an inferiority complex.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC

Easy for you to say. The number of rep's you have is enough to give someone with a single rep an inferiority complex.

Well you have to remember ive been a member for a while and at one time was very active. Yes i have my fair share of Reps however as i said ive been around a while.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Quote:

No im not begging for rep, im pointing out to new ppl to plz use the rep system or die XD

In one short response...no they dont know what the rep button does...
I hardly ever get repped for helping folks out but it doesnt really matter because everyone knows me here ... and thats more important to me...its that sense of community thing which keeps this place going

1 - 20 of 89 Posts