Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Wanted to ask why this board looks so weird? By weird, I mean so very narrow.

I'd love to take advantage of my widescreen display. Is there any particular reason to not make the board more user friendly (in term of looks)? Example of a great layout: www.hardforum.com

Thanks.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuat View Post
Hi.

Wanted to ask why this board looks so weird? By weird, I mean so very narrow.

I'd love to take advantage of my widescreen display. Is there any particular reason to not make the board more user friendly (in term of looks)? Example of a great layout: www.hardforum.com

Thanks.
Yep, you can certainly do this. Follow my instructions, and then you'll be all set:
  1. Click on "User CP" on the black bar at the top (alternatively, click on "Quick Links" over on the left, and choose "User Control Panel", which is on the 3rd dark bar down from the top in this menu).
  2. In the User CP, click on "Edit Options" on the left.
  3. In "Edit Options", scroll all the way to the bottom.
  4. Look for the little section inside of this bottom section called "Forum Skin".
  5. Change the selection to "Wide View".
  6. Click on "Save Changes" at the bottom.
Now you're all set!

Edit: Regarding the chooser on the bottom-left, this is not a permanent change. When you log out and then log back in, reverts back to the way it's set in your Control Panel Options.

• Rep+
Reactions: CallmeRoth

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducrider View Post
Twocables I didnt know it was only a temp change.I never logoff the site.So I guess thats why I never had it revert back.Thanks for the info and the correct way to change it.
hehe I'm such a geek.

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Yeah every time you delete cookies it'll revert back unless you do it in UCP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts