Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sager np2096 running 64 bit Vista Home Premium.

I have set up the internet connections from several different places. My sons karate school, College, library, friends house. All set up with the passwords and configured. 98% of the time I use the laptop at my sons karate school. All I do is click on the internet icon and I'm online.

What is strange is if I go to the library, it will not go online automatically. I have to go into "connect to" and find the library setting, click on that and then I can get online.

I don't know if that is normal or not, but I thought that the laptop could figure out what its connecting to and automatically connect. Is there a setting or something I have to set up to get this to connect automatically rather than going thru the manual procedure?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
u have your son's karate school preconfig into the laptop

when u visit other hotspots u cna't connect because the laptop isn't config with the network there. if u want you must store the password/config info in the laptop and after that it will connect automatically

u must do this by hand

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If you set up each network to connect automatically, your laptop will connect to each available network when it is in range.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by razr7
View Post

u have your son's karate school preconfig into the laptop

when u visit other hotspots u cna't connect because the laptop isn't config with the network there. if u want you must store the password/config info in the laptop and after that it will connect automatically

u must do this by hand

All the hotspots have been preconfigured. The settings are saved in the laptop. It will not connect automatically if I move from one hotspot to another. If its supposed to, it doesn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts