Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wus wondering after looking at tha prices on tha 7800gt's on newegg i see variationz in tha memory clock and the gpu clock so i was wondering cant i just overclock it an make it have those higher settings? or are the cards you buy straight out of the box with the higher clock speeds..is that just how theyre made? and whats the best 7800gt card from newegg for about 315 or less?thanx a lot kinda new to upgrading cards an want to get the best for the money

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
srry...but if not at newegg i dont care..it dosnt even have to b nvidia even tho i would prefer it..i just want to know what the best i could get with 300-315usd

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
go with a XFX or eVGA 7800gt, dont worry about getting the oc'ed version because they are just more money but no different than if you would OC it to those levels...

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
i'd say you should get an eVGA card, their warranty covers overclocking and some card modification (putting a third party cooler on it) and you can get one for about 300 even at newegg not including shipping and all that good stuff

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx everybody i reely appreciate it i wus looking at the evga 7800gt for 270 with the mail in rebates but if anyone has anybetter deals or any better cards thatd b coo too thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts