Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, at this moment i am considering to build a new computer, but i just ran in a new type of grapich card the : NVIDIA® Quadro™ FX 4500 PCI-E 512MB DDR3 , is this a good card and will it outperform a 7800 gtx in games like doom3 and battlefield 2 ? any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
something tells me that the Quadro series isnt really for gaming. i would stick to the gtx. i could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Dont just look for the most expensive card around... The Quadro is for a different kind of application than gaming, ect. A 7800GTX (SLI is better) will be just fine.

What kind of system are you thinking about building. We can help with that as well.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by salgra

hello everyone, at this moment i am considering to build a new computer, but i just ran in a new type of grapich card the : NVIDIA® Quadro™ FX 4500 PCI-E 512MB DDR3 , is this a good card and will it outperform a 7800 gtx in games like doom3 and battlefield 2 ? any help would be apreciated.

Quadro FX line is geared towards CAD, and 3D modeling, it is not a good gaming card, go with the 7800gtx or wait a month for the G7900.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts