Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, on my sig rig here with windows 7 64 unltimate, im getting this wierd hard crash that started when i was playing battlefield bc2, the screen would flicker and lock up and the from the speakers came those wierd digital noises that i cant really describe. i thought it was just the game but recently its been doing it when i just run itunes for a little while. im not sure if this is related at all to my OC or if its a driver issue or what but i fugured id start here

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Well the first part kinda sounds like a driver/overheating of your gpu, so make sure those are up to date with the latest and greatest and download gpu tool and see where your temps are at in game. The second part Im not so sure about, but I would think its your OC. Have you tested for stability after you OC'ed? If not download prime95 and run a blend test for a couple hours to see if your stable because it doesnt really sound like your rig is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually have run prime 95 and it went fine for bout and hour and a half before i lost patience. i just installed the new drivers and tested it again and the game actually lasted longer but still crashed in the same way. its not temps cuz i have not ocd the gfx card and have used this card for years on games like crysis and oblivion and it does just fine

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Check the temps with HWMonitor while u are running the stress test I think that is overheating problem.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
A lot of the crashing issues in BC2 are caused by punk buster messing up certain interated audio playback devices. I just fixed my friends computer from crashing during BC2 by installing a non integrated sound card.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The drivers or the overclock is the problem. Did you run a test with ATITool?

It is most likely a video card problem due to the fact that it crashed while playing bc2

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Not to discredit other people but I highly doubt that your overclock or drivers are the issue. Ive delt with two overclocked PC's that had crashing in BC 2 and the crashing remainded at stock. One was solved by a "remove wat" patch and the other was solved by installing a new sound card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts