Overclock.net banner

What did you think of Twilight Princess for the Wii?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have just started playing Zelda - TP for the Wii and am finding it quite decent.

But i wanna know what all you other Wii players think of it.

Whether you have completed it 5 times or have only played it 5 times....

I want your opinion

Cheers much lads n lasses

MaK

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its a good, solid enjoyable game. I'm a bona-fide Zelda fanboy, and it really takes some of the best elements from the rest of the games to make a great game.

That said, I don't think it was quite good enough to warrant "Dribblingly good" mainly due to the difficulty in changing the camera and the lack of real innovation in the control scheme; it really just replaces button mashing with wild swinging at times.

Still haven't finished it though, I'll get on to that this week.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I'm probably about half-way through. It's not "dribblingly good", or at least it can't be that good to someone who has been playing Zelda games since the 80s. It's too familiar to be that good. But it is slightly better than I expected in the sense that the Wii-mote's aiming mechanism for the bow and arrow, etc. is very nice, much better than the old joystick control.

FYI - I would have suggested "What I Expected" over "Bleh" for the middle option. "Bleh" sounds bad...

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
A Wiimote that giggles, Shaman-like wolf form, and it didn't have a talking boat that made me constantly think of Eddie Murphy like wind waker did. But when will we actually get some voices instead of this mumbling crap?

Silent Hill comes to Hyrule. 4 out of 5.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I bought a Wii launch day, played it for an hour, then have not played it since. During this time however, there has not been much time to play much of anything. I will play it again one of these days.

·
Banned
575 Posts
I thought the game was alright. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the moves were too scripted.

If you need some time off from fighting the badies go to the fishing hole, thats one of my favorite parts of the game. I also like the scenery & music when your at Lake Hylia.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I love the zelda series, was thinking of buying a Wii, for this game and manhunt2 but I dont know if mh2 will make it anymore..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not a Zelda fanboy but I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Controls were very responsive, whether just exploring or in the midst of battle. Swinging the wiimote like a sword felt very fluid and intuitive. Overall, I would say it was dribbingly good because it was better than i expected and then some, so i guess ill round up
The only negative I can really think of is that throughout the game, there was never really any sense of danger or crisis. The story rolled along too smoothly when some ups and downs would have been more compelling in making me want to do things. other than that, great game.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post
I'm probably about half-way through. It's not "dribblingly good", or at least it can't be that good to someone who has been playing Zelda games since the 80s. It's too familiar to be that good. But it is slightly better than I expected in the sense that the Wii-mote's aiming mechanism for the bow and arrow, etc. is very nice, much better than the old joystick control.

FYI - I would have suggested "What I Expected" over "Bleh" for the middle option. "Bleh" sounds bad...
I've got the same opinion. The game's way too much like OOT, and I think it came out a year too late because wiimote functionality didn't really add that much.

There's such a high standard with first-party Nintendo games, that it's sometimes hard to live up to. When you think about it, it seems like Nintendo did things backwards with Windwaker and TP. A graphically improved OOT should've come on the Gamecube, while a totally new look and feel should've come on the Wii since it's not much more powerful then the GC but it does have the wiimote.

·
Registered
328 Posts
tp is definately my fave game ever atm. oot was good too, but the two certainly werent similar at all. the story in oot was almost the exact same as link to the past when u think about it. have to acquire 3 medalions, then you can get master sword, travel through time (go to darkworld in LttP), rescue the 7 sages (maidens in LttP), kill ganon blahblah. tp took a totally different direction from the previous games while still maintaining a good zelda feel. it has good music and a good sized world to explore which is very pretty. the controls were kinda fun like shooting arrows and sword attacks. awesome game all in all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.