Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying this Memory Today [LINK] for my Z77 gaming machine im building up. Already have a 3770, Do not have a motherboard yet, but so far I have been looking at the P8Z77 WS, G1 Sniper 3, and Asus Maximus Formula. I know none of those are really widely avaliable or even out yet, so actual support memory types will be hard to come by, but i have a coupon that is about to expire that i want to use. So just seeing if you guys think i would be okay with this set.

I was thinking about doing a 32gb set (4x8gb) but i figured it would be better to get a faster 16gb set then a slower 32gb set. Plus the 32gb i would get would probably be double the cost of this set soo. What do you guys think?

Edit: For comparison sake, this is the ram I am running in my current Z68 gaming machine [LINK] . Would i even notice a difference on upgrading from that. Upgrading to either 32gb or faster 16gb?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

That is the memory I was going to go with when I was thinking about upgrading to IVB. Just FYI the 1.5v on neweggs page is wrong. Recommended voltage for those is still 1.65 like all the others.
Everything i have been reading on neweggs feedback page is that it is 1.5v. it seems the first batch was 1.65v but now it is 1.5v. Also on Corsairs Website they list it as 1.5v [LINK]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts