Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why CPU-z is sometimes giving me spikes in my temps, like I will start CPU-z, and watch it, every now and then the temp will jump up to 70C and back down to around 33C. And sometimes, It will show more then one fan connected to the MB, even though I only have 1 attached. And sometimes my RPM on my CPU Fan will be like 32423245235. Other then that, my hard drive temps, and GPU temps seems stable and fine.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
You mean the Hardware monitor right?

It's kinda glitchy, I never use it anymore. Try something like Everest or CoreTemp just for your CPU.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by geforcegts
View Post

you mean the hardware monitor right?

It's kinda glitchy, i never use it anymore. Try something like everest or coretemp just for your cpu.

+1

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heathmcabee
View Post

I know the feeling. Does this answer your question? Cause I think you meant speedfan, not CPU-Z, since it doesn't give temps on anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatingrocker17
View Post

CPU-z doesn't show that information.

I think he means the hardware monitor made by the same people.

http://www.cpuid.com/

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, ya, i mixed those up. What is the best choice for cpu temp and overall hardware monitoring? I just downloaded and installed RealTemp, seems pretty stable, and doesn't have those spikes.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for everest, what exactly should I get, I see they have paid versions. Anything free thats not a trial?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts