Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wana buy this card but i wonder will the cpu 2.95ghz opty be limited by this card or the vid card will be limited by the cpu?

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Actually, if you were running one of the old video cards (I'm talking like a Voodoo 1 with 4MB of RAM), then in that situation, you could bottleneck it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A 3ghz Opteron with a x1900XT and your worried about bottlenecking??

Either you have no idea what your talkin about (which isn't likely if you bought an Opty instead of a regular AMD64, and OCed it to 3ghz) or stop showing off.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes your processor will limit that card but it almost any processor out right now will be limited by that card unless it is a really good processor like 4000+ or better. With a 1900xt you can expect great performance in any game you play with that processor and a gig of ram.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I am assuming the 4000+ would be oced in reference to it not being a bottleneck for the card.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaziel

Yes your processor will limit that card but it almost any processor out right now will be limited by that card unless it is a really good processor like 4000+ or better. With a 1900xt you can expect great performance in any game you play with that processor and a gig of ram.

All of that and a gig of ram?

I don't understand some of you sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts