Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I use PWM fans or have used motherboard headers to control my fan speed. I am upgrading my fans on my rads and adding 4 additional so I can get push pull going (3 on 360 and 1 on 120)

I would like to put the rads each on their own channel and I have other case fans that will take up 3 more channels leaving one empty as I will more than likely soon get a new gpu and add it with additional rad to the loop. (that rads fans will take the final channel)

Here is what I am working with:

NZXT Technologies Sentry Mix LED (Six 50-Watt Channels)
to control 6
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Case Fan- 1,850rpm, 28dba, 58.3cfm

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
If you figure in voltage drop and startup draw, for 6 fans they're pulling around about 21 - 23w startup, 7 - 8w operating, so should be no problem.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jesse D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymenii View Post

If you figure in voltage drop and startup draw, for 6 fans they're pulling around about 21 - 23w startup, 7 - 8w operating, so should be no problem.
Wow thats even lower wattage than I had hoped. Thanks for the info.
thumb.gif

+rep

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
50W is enormous lol. You would need some crazy Delta fans to use that. At that point PSU is more of a concern. You can put 6 of them in one Channel and still be fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
^ Yeah, 50W is definitely more than enough for most multi-fan on a single channel setups.

Slightly OT: I used the Sentry Mix back then when I used to have the 5400rpm GT AP-31s. Startup power was about 33W. So I only used 1 channel for each fan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts