Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wanting to upgrade my psu and I'm wondering if this psu will be enough for even a gtx 480? I'm thinking about upgrading to that or a 6870 when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It will run any single graphics card and some multi-graphics card setups (like CFX 5770s).

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, you guys are fast!

Thanks for the recommendations. How does this psu perform compared to others in its price range?

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
We haven't seen it tested. But it's based on the same platform as the X400, X650, and X750, which are all the best performers in their class. So I'd wager the X560 is the best or nearly the best in its class.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Excellent.
Well, the other PSU's at this price probably offer more wattage, but the onus is on you; whether you can justify buying this or not.

However, if you're speaking of 500+W class range, the Seasonic is an excellent unit.
What sets it apart is its efficiency (80PLUS Gold) and the fact that it's very, very silent.
Look in there; the fan is a San-Ace. Not the regular ADDA ball bearing one you get in all other Seasonics.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
We haven't seen it tested. But it's based on the same platform as the X400, X650, and X750, which are all the best performers in their class. So I'd wager the X560 is the best or nearly the best in its class.
Nice.

This will be my next psu, thanks guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
Excellent.
Well, the other PSU's at this price probably offer more wattage, but the onus is on you; whether you can justify buying this or not.

However, if you're speaking of 500+W class range, the Seasonic is an excellent unit.
What sets it apart is its efficiency (80PLUS Gold) and the fact that it's very, very silent.
Look in there; the fan is a San-Ace. Not the regular ADDA ball bearing one you get in all other Seasonics.
Yeah, i'm more concerned really with how well it performs for its wattage level. I am willing to pay more for a superior product.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
There are only a handful of truly great units in the 38-45A range; the Antec TruePower New 550W and CWT PSH-based units (Corsair VX550, Rocketfish 700W, Thermaltake Evo 550W) pretty much dominate the enthusiast market there. The X560 should blow those out of the water, comparing the X650 to the TP-650 and PSH 650W.

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
There are only a handful of truly great units in the 38-45A range; the Antec TruePower New 550W and CWT PSH-based units (Corsair VX550, Rocketfish 700W, Thermaltake Evo 550W) pretty much dominate the enthusiast market there. The X560 should blow those out of the water, comparing the X650 to the TP-650 and PSH 650W.
And that is exactly the kind of power supply I have been waiting for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts