Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a Reference NVidia 980 card and saw someone selling a waterblock for a Titan X. Are they interchangeable? I've searched online with mixed answers and was hoping someone here can tell me before i buy it. Thanks so much.

I have this card

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXformat View Post

Hi i have a Reference NVidia 980 card and saw someone selling a waterblock for a Titan X. Are they interchangeable? I've searched online with mixed answers and was hoping someone here can tell me before i buy it. Thanks so much.

I have this card

they look really close.

i'd say no.

but geez

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Vram is a little different, the main center looks to be the same...man microcenter has an open box one for 63 dollars. EK waterblock, but nobody could tell me if they fit or not.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXformat View Post

The Vram is a little different, the main center looks to be the same...man microcenter has an open box one for 63 dollars. EK waterblock, but nobody could tell me if they fit or not.
i wouldn't chance it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

According to XSPC specs on their site it supports reference designs only, so if yours is a reference board, it should fit.

http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-gpu/razor-gtx-980-980-ti
Yeah i just read that, but the one i wanted to buy is from EKWB, this one to be exact https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc-titan-x-nickel

the microcenter near me has it for $60 as an open box item, really good deal and i want to get it if it fits...weird how XSPC would fit on multiple models and EKWB doesnt seem to list it for the regular 980

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
the EKWB will not fit. 980 PCB reference design is different from Titan X. The Titan X waterblocks will fit the 980Ti as well, but not the 980's. Here's the compatibility list for that block.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanako View Post

the EKWB will not fit. 980 PCB reference design is different from Titan X. The Titan X waterblocks will fit the 980Ti as well, but not the 980's. Here's the compatibility list for that block.
but that block he linked to from newegg said it would fit a 980 and 980ti?

even xspc's site says that

http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-gpu/razor-gtx-980-980-ti
Quote:
Razor GTX 980 / 980 Ti

Full cover GTX 980, 980 Ti and Titan X Water-Block with multiport connector.

We are proud to introduce our new design for Razor GPU blocks. We have continued with the styling from our RayStorm series so you can now have a full set of matching XSPC blocks. We have also significantly improved cooling performance by reducing the fin width from 1mm to 0.5mm, this dramatically increases the surface area.

Although we have used an acrylic top for aesthetics we have a thin stainless steel plate between the copper base and the acrylic. This allows us to use LED lighting, while keeping the strength and reliability of an all metal waterblock.

The new multiport connector gives you many choices for neatly routing your tubing. We have two G1/4″ ports on the front and back of the block, two on the top, plus a side port, giving 7 ports in total. The multiport connector is compatible with our new SLI flow bridge.

CNC machined copper base
0.5mm fins for high performance
Active VRM cooling
Stainless steel top
Acrylic layer with 3mm LED holes
Brushed aluminium faceplate
Dimensions: 264 x 125 x 25mm
Prepared for SLI with 7 G1/4″ ports
Supports Nvidia GTX 980, 980 Ti and Titan X (Nvidia reference designs only)

Supplied with twin LED, mounting kit, G1/4" plugs, thermal pads and thermal paste
now im confused.

same with compatibility list.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/51998404e4b0ef02d1bd9c2c/t/55dbca78e4b0a59016e1d18a/1440467576184/compatibility+gtx+980ti.pdf

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master__Shake View Post

but that block he link to from newegg said it would fit a 980 and 980ti?
Yeah, I saw that, and it looks like it does, according to their compat list on the XSPC site. Which is why I only mentioned the EKWB that he linked his most recent post.
wink.gif

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yes, EKWB does make a block specifically for the 980, so i don't know why OP is looking for a Titan X block.

It seems that the XSPC block is a bit more universal, while the EKWB block is much more precise, so that's why it doesn't fit the 980/980Ti/Titan X

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanako View Post

Yes, EKWB does make a block specifically for the 980, so i don't know why OP is looking for a Titan X block.

It seems that the XSPC block is a bit more universal, while the EKWB block is much more precise, so that's why it doesn't fit the 980/980Ti/Titan X
There is an open box EKWB block at microcenter for 62 dollars, and that's the only waterblock they carry there...my kit comes in tomorrow so i'd like to get a block for the GPU and do it all at once. If they had a 980 specific block locally i would grab it, but nobody sells them except online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts