Overclock.net banner

Will Battlefield 3 be the Crysis of 2011? Will it push the best PC's to the limit?

6193 Views 81 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  Wulfgar
I loved how when Crysis was released and only the best of the best got max settings at a good frame rate. I was looking at battlefield 3 game play and the graphics look really good. I was wondering if anyone thinks it will be the power hungry game crysis was. Will it have the huge graphics textures, the hard physix, the killer overall look?

Or will it just be another game. I want another game like Metro 2033, I mean, without the pushing the limits of graphics, the newer, faster machines will be useless. I really want the bragging rights of being able to play the best of the best at movie looking graphics.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Maybe not as extreme as Crysis was back in the day (all the Fault Line videos were recorded on a GTX 580 powered PC, single, not SLI).

One thing's for sure, I'll be getting a new card come late October lol.
I don't think its gonna push the envelope nearly like Crysis did but its still gonna be pretty insane. You're CPU is definitely fine, an the 295 should work fine for it. But we'll never know till its at least in beta. Not that many people here should have a problem considering pretty much everyone here runs an i7-9xx with a fairly recant gpu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noak;13030800
I loved how when Crysis was released and only the best of the best got max settings at a good frame rate. I was looking at battlefield 3 game play and the graphics look really good. I was wondering if anyone thinks it will be the power hungry game crysis was. Will it have the huge graphics textures, the hard physix, the killer overall look?

Or will it just be another game. I want another game like Metro 2033, I mean, without the pushing the limits of graphics, the newer, faster machines will be useless. I really want the bragging rights of being able to play the best of the best at movie looking graphics.
well, then that means everyone else can't play the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro;13046481
well, then that means everyone else can't play the game.
It will only be good if it has somewhat high requirements, and it is not released on console. Otherwise I will cry as it will have bad programming and bad graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon777;13046564
It will only be good if it has somewhat high requirements, and it is not released on console. Otherwise I will cry as it will have bad programming and bad graphics.
It's already announced for consoles.
Well, I wish it would be more optimized than Crysis from time to time. More like Crysis 2
smile.gif
See less See more
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy;13030842
Maybe not as extreme as Crysis was back in the day (all the Fault Line videos were recorded on a GTX 580 powered PC, single, not SLI).

One thing's for sure, I'll be getting a new card come late October lol.
A GTX 470 will be more than good enough for Battlefield 3. It's an excellent card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhansoo12;13046599
Will we ever see native Dx11 games?
Metro 2033.
So any indications on how an HD5770 may perform on BF3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge257;13046664
and GTS 450? (sorry double posting)
im guessing its probably gonna play the same as BC2 plays... only with a little bit more demand on the graphics so possibly lower resolution less settings...

its hard to tell right now considering they still havent released the minimum requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard;13046615
It's already announced for consoles.
I'm now crying in a corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge257;13046663
Fine, They play Bc2 at full and Metro 2033 well and even crysis.

Therefore I believe they wont have a problem especially since bf3 will be on consoles too (has a little weep).
Isn't battlefield 3 native DX11? It doesn't support XP, correct?

DX10 supports a native DX11 game, it just won't do stuff like tessellation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar;13046692
not everyone has to play at maxed graphics. Crysis can be played on pretty much anything.
yeah., just saw a Crysis 2 Low and High setting comparison and its like nothing happened.
I think BF3 will be the best looking game of 2011 but not the most demanding.
When I think BF, I think multiplayer, which needs to be 60fps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge257;13046663
Im running bfbc2 on 1650x1050 all high settings 4AA and 16AFF with average of 40 FPS. BF3 should not be a problem at all for the 5770. Lowering the AA and AFF should do the job.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.