Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered an Antec NeoHE 550. The specs on it were great so i went ahead and baught it, but after further research i found out that it has compatibility issues with asus motherboards. The thing is i have an asus motherboard (its in my system specs). Has this problem been resolved or will i experience the same problems as others?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
We have had alot of problems at work with them and actually pulled them of the shelfs when they came out. This was a few months back so I'm sure they would have fixed the problem out by now. I couldn't see Antec continuing to produce a PSU that did not work with one of the most popular Mobo manufacturers out there.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
The vast majority of people including myself was very disappointed with the NeoHE series in general, read this thread: Antec NEO HE Issues. This was my 3rd Antec PSU that went belly up, except his NeoHE was from the very first day. So I'm pretty much completely done with Antec PSU, I seriously doubt that I will ever consider one again.

For the best PSU on the market that money can buy: OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, EPS12V 520W. I got mine for $100. One day sale was $130 plus $30 mail-in rebate and FREE shipping, wish I had bought two that day. Anyhow, if you're willing to get the best money can buy, there ya go.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews about the NeoHE. I was very close to buying one myself when they first came out until I read about the problems w/ Asus boards (at the time I was running an Asus board... cpu, mobo + RAM from my HTPC). From what I've heard the problems have been fixed with newer revisions of the psu. And the newer revisions are supposed to be quite good.

try it out when you get it... you just might be supurised. if it doesn't work though, RMA it and try to get one of these psus:
Sunbeam Nuuvo 550w - best psu for the money - $85
OCZ powerstream 520 - also great for the moeny - $130
Seasonic S12-600 - best psu for under $200 - $145

1 - 8 of 8 Posts