Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a cheap performance upgrade, like $42 cheap. Will swapping to a faster mobo help me out with my components I already have?

I am currently running an ASUS A7V8X board.

Components to be swapped:

Athlon XP2100+ (paly)
PC3200 512kb
Geforce FX5600

Heres the board I am looking at because it is very inexpensive and is much faster(i think, u be the judge) MoBo Here please give your opinion

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
No, it won't. motherboards don't make things faster. The way you get that is by either buying new RAM, new vid card, new CPU, or Overclocking any of the previous. If you can't OC the RAM and CPU, then a new mobo is in order.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You may want that MOBO anyways just cause it has better features than your current one, allowing you to upgrade easier

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazeR

I am looking for a cheap performance upgrade, like $42 cheap. Will swapping to a faster mobo help me out with my components I already have?

Athlon XP2100+ (paly)
PC3200 512kb
Geforce FX5600

Heres the board I am looking at because it is very inexpensive and is much faster(i think, u be the judge) MoBo Here please give your opinion

A new motherboard ain't going to do [email protected] with your 512kilobytes of ram.. lol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Don't bother with that, it's crappy 2700 prob with no warranty and crappy timings. If anything it'd prob bring you down. Look for some 512 PC3200, even corsair value select if you're really on a budget.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

Don't bother with that, it's crappy 2700 prob with no warranty and crappy timings. If anything it'd prob bring you down. Look for some 512 PC3200, even corsair value select if you're really on a budget.

Thats my problem, the mobo only handles one PC3200 memory. I would have to look for a 1ghz single module. They are like $130 which is way out of my budget of like $50.

·
Registered
725 Posts
A higher quality motherboard does mean better components on the board...information will flow from place to place faster depending on the workmanship and so on.

i agree it wont really increase the performance noticably, but it will make differences.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazeR

Athlon XP2100+ (paly)
PC3200 512kb
Geforce FX5600

Well, I hate to break it to you........No

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Why dont you save up a littel more and get something better. You'll actually be saving becuase the part will last longer and have better performance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts