Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm switching from a p5nd2-sli deluxe to a pw5d2-e

I have raid-0

If I change the mobo, will it no longer read the array? IT's a nvidia stripe array in BIOS, so my assumption is that I will..

it's nforce4 chipset vs 975x chipset

anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
If the RAID controller chipset is different, then it is likely that the Array will be broken. Best to backup any data and then try to see how you get on.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so. I guess I'll find out in a few days. I have my data backed up, just a pain reinstalling windows for the 58 billionth time this year..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhireX

I thought so. I guess I'll find out in a few days. I have my data backed up, just a pain reinstalling windows for the 58 billionth time this year..

lol

when I built the current 'chine with the raid x0 I had to call Microsoft Activation -----Twice!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need my activationless w/ sp2 slipstreamed version,

uhh.. I mean i own legit windows...

·
Registered
367 Posts
you know what I reckon you wont but back it up anyway just in case
because an onboard raid controller can be preloaded before entering the setup process on a cd so if you get your drives the right way round as before 1+2 then I dont see why it shouldn't becasue your installing your new bios info before you boot the machine it shoud just overwrite, let me know how you get on I would be interested to know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts