Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I think the gigabyte would be a great card for the top slot, if that's what you're asking. Looks like there'd be a nice gap between the cards for airflow, and I'd bet that cooler works better than the stock one. If it doesn't cost you too much to switch cards, it might be worth doing.

Or you could sell your mobo and get one that has more space between the two cards ... that might end up being cheaper, and you get 2 keep matching cards, which kinda looks cooler IMHO.

• Rep+
Reactions: KoukiFC3S

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have TRI Crossfire 5870 and do fine. Just use the MSI Afterburner and preset your fan speeds to come on depending on the TEMP.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

I think the gigabyte would be a great card for the top slot, if that's what you're asking. Looks like there'd be a nice gap between the cards for airflow, and I'd bet that cooler works better than the stock one. If it doesn't cost you too much to switch cards, it might be worth doing.

Or you could sell your mobo and get one that has more space between the two cards ... that might end up being cheaper, and you get 2 keep matching cards, which kinda looks cooler IMHO.

I agree with this man. I would maybe try and look at a wider designed board, so that way you can keep both matching cards.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
I almost 100% agree with this.

Running a micro is just evil for those poor 5870's.

• Rep+
1 - 6 of 6 Posts