Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want do some experiments and want to keep the cpu's to one motherboard. Do you think that a P4 could fit into the motherboard of a Celeron D and successfully post or can this not be answered and it depends on the motherboard?

·
*cough*Stock*cough*
3,103 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkay View Post
I want do some experiments and want to keep the cpu's to one motherboard. Do you think that a P4 could fit into the motherboard of a Celeron D and successfully post or can this not be answered and it depends on the motherboard?
A: it depends on the board, although its very likely as Celeron D and P4 are both based on netburst, and B: it depends if the P4 in question is also the same socket type as the Celeron D. If the sockets match, then go for it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 View Post
S775 P4s will most likely be supported in a Celeron D board but it would be best if you'd tell us the motherboard model.
Wasn't my computer originally, but it's a Micro-star MS-7211

According to a couple sites for the supported cpu's it only lists P4. Considering this is the board that's running the Celeron D, it should work then?

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,010 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickkay View Post
Wasn't my computer originally, but it's a Micro-star MS-7211

According to a couple sites for the supported cpu's it only lists P4. Considering this is the board that's running the Celeron D, it should work then?
Does it list the p4 you're considering?

·
Banned
27 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01
View Post

You should check in here if your CPU is supported. Sometimes it requires a BIOS flash while at other times it won't support it at all

:
awesome! i agree with u .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts