1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
If it were me I would give some extra support but PCB is tough stuff.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Its not a matter of motherboard support but more of whether or not you move your computer around a lot. When you do install it you can do a couple of things to help with the strain, 1) use fishing line and tie it too something on the top of your case to help take some strain off and 2) do not move your computer around a lot, especially when sudden action occurs.
Hope that helps. Good Luck and don't forget to give us some pics, I love the way the TRUE copper looks.

• Rep+
Reactions: ObviousNinja

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Don't worry.... the backplate spreads the weight over a large area and even then, it takes a lot more than that to break several layers of PCB

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'll probably use some sort of fishing line rigging. Thanks much for the help. Build is a work in progress Asus sent me a bum board so I had to send back for a new one. I see it as a blessing in disguise now I have all the time I need to mod my case. Going to be orange and blue color scheme pics of the build will be up within the week.

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
Don't worry.... the backplate spreads the weight over a large area and even then, it takes a lot more than that to break several layers of PCB

The weight of it wont actually break the PCB the cooler isnt going to be hanging loose in your case but the flexing from moving the case around a lot will cause one of the fine copper tracks to crack and then the board is as good as broken in two

1 - 6 of 6 Posts