Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I use TeamViewer on all three of my main computers (laptop, desktop, and folder). I don't always leave my desktop on, but I will when I think I may need to access some files from work. It was working fine tonight, but wanted to log on again to check some settings I had, and it's showing up as offline. The folder is still connected no problem, but my sig rig must have crashed.

What I'm worried about is the fact that I won't be home for another 4 hours. I'm hoping it was just a simple crash, and it's powered off, but a lot of the times, it reboots itself if it crashes when I'm there, but that hasn't happened. There is no one that can check my rigs for me, so there is nothing I can do. What I'm hoping you guys can do is make me feel better about not being able to check on it. I'm just worried it's stuck doing something that might damage it in some way.

So please, tell me everything will be alright!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
731 Posts
Everything will be alright
thumb.gif

Seriously, it could be anything from an internet connection problem to a random bluescreen that it didn't reboot after. Don't get worried till you've got good reason to!

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Oh, Demented, so enveloped in his hardware
tongue.gif

If it crashed, it crashed, that's all. The chance of a crash causing damage is very very low, because in the end, it depends on what exactly crashes. Best case scenario you got a BSOD, which I will then be able to help you debug so we can find out what caused it. Worst case scenario, you had a power shortage.

I wouldn't worry until you get home. I'm sure it was just a crash that we'll get ironed out. Could have just been Windows updates too, but I don't know if you have those set to only install with your permission, or if you have Teamviewer on start up.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traches View Post

Everything will be alright
thumb.gif

Seriously, it could be anything from an internet connection problem to a random bluescreen that it didn't reboot after. Don't get worried till you've got good reason to!
I know it's not a network problem, since my folding rig is still totally accessible. It's a definite crash. What I'm worried about is going home to bluescreen that has been sitting there for over 4 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

Oh, Demented, so enveloped in his hardware
tongue.gif

If it crashed, it crashed, that's all. The chance of a crash causing damage is very very low, because in the end, it depends on what exactly crashes. Best case scenario you got a BSOD, which I will then be able to help you debug so we can find out what caused it. Worst case scenario, you had a power shortage.
I wouldn't worry until you get home. I'm sure it was just a crash that we'll get ironed out. Could have just been Windows updates too, but I don't know if you have those set to only install with your permission, or if you have Teamviewer on start up.
I have WU to let me know when downloads are ready, but I choose when to install. Teamviewer is in the start up. It's the 4 hours that is going to drive me crazy!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Nah, the rig will restart if the dump was able to be written to the drive successfully, if not, it just sits there, OR restarts without creating a dump to write to the drive.. that's all, no damage is caused.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Nah, the rig will restart if the dump was able to be written to the drive successfully, if not, it just sits there, OR restarts without creating a dump to write to the drive.. that's all, no damage is caused.
Right, so the fact that TeamViewer hasn't come back means it's just sitting there...grrr...man I hate these 12 hour shifts!!!!!!

EDIT: Ah, the folder just went offline as well. So either there is an issue with the net (there has been a few time the net would go out for like a minute or so, need to bug Verizon about that), or someone is disassembling my rigs one by one and I will go home to empty house.

eek.gif

EDIT 2: Folder came back, sig rig hasn't....grrrrrrr...ok...going to go do something to take my mind off of this....

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Everything will be fine
smile.gif
I hope so...700

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by midad04 View Post

Keep us updated. I absolutely hate walking into the living room and seeing my box stuck on a bluescreen. Has only happens one or two times but none the less is unnerving.
GRRRRRRR...lol...I hope I don't come home to a melted* puter...lol

* I know I'm overreacting but when we spend so much on these things, and get so much enjoyment from them, it's hard not to worry about them.

UPDATE: Well, I came home to a BSOD stuck at 85% writing to the dump file. It was 124 BSOD. I'm starting to think that my PSU may not be enough for my Crossfired 6950s. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
124 can also be directly related to CPU voltage. If it happens again, try bumping your voltage up to 1.3v.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, I had increased my voltage twice (1.295 and then finally 1.3) to stop what I thought was a low vcore issue a while back. I just never updated my rig. It could have just been an idle bug, so I asked in the Solve BSOD 124 on Sandy Bridge thread where I could find the C states they mention in my BIOS, as the thread mainly shows asus and asrock board info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts