Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I dont think the board would limit your oc. I have a 790x-ud4p and temps from the board were never my problem. GB makes a good product so I would think the chip is more the limiting factor. Since itel has not released the official max voltage for the chip I just read a few threads saying not to get above 1.42 I believe. Also the ram is reccomended to not have a higher voltage than 1.5 (but some ppl said 1.65 didnt hinder anything).

Again this is all just forum talk until intel officially releases max stable voltages for the SB chips.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't want to buy the UD3P and not experience the full potential of my chip. I don't really care about PCI-E lanes, as long as it has 1 x16 slot for my gtx 480. I just care about:

1: Want to break 5GHz (I understand that the chip might not be able to do this, but I don't want the mobo to be a limiting factor.

2: Wan't the CPU Voltage regulated fairly well, basically, more phases, or good phases.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
lol, the only thing that woudl limit you woudl be the lack of CPu PLL Overvoltage unlock, that is only on UD4 UD5 and UD7. I have seent eh UD3P do 5.2ghz with 100.7blck and 2133 ram at the same time, it was a sick OC.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just concerned about the GD65's phases now. They have a 6+1 Phase setup but their phases are supposed to be 30% more efficient than a normal phase. This would be more or less equal to an 8+1.3 Phase setup. This is what I'm worried about. Can less more efficient phases do the same job as more less efficient phases?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts