Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im learning all i can about the dozens of dozens of radiators out there that i am looking into for my upcomming water for my near silent i7 loop. so as the title says, will the upcomming 140.2pa be suited for a silent setup with lets say gentle typhoon fans?

for all who have been reading my previous threads regarding the gelids vs typhoons, im getting little to no data or information on the gelids so i need to work with what i know will work. so if you have any info or experience let me know!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chobes View Post
im learning all i can about the dozens of dozens of radiators out there that i am looking into for my upcomming water for my near silent i7 loop. so as the title says, will the upcomming 140.2pa be suited for a silent setup with lets say gentle typhoon fans?

for all who have been reading my previous threads regarding the gelids vs typhoons, im getting little to no data or information on the gelids so i need to work with what i know will work. so if you have any info or experience let me know!
i think so cause all the pa's are used for silent wc so it hink they work with gentle typhoons and as i said i think.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i learned something new... im sorry for being such a noob.

so the 140.x rads are thicker and are meant for larger fans? i thougt it was just the size on the sides..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa
View Post

Uh, guys.

The 140.2 is a radiator designed for 140mm fans, the Gentle Typhoon comes in a 120mm size only.

But a a shroud that converts 120mm fans to 140mm hole coupled with a 140mm rad would provide better temps than a 120mm rad with 120mm fans and a shroud.

But once you start adding shrouds and fans in, youre gonna have a thick ass radiator

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what is THE best rad for typhoons and a silent build? im pulling my hair out deciding because of so many options and opinions with people telling me to change the fans for deltas and or jet loud fans which is not what i asked at all..

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
I'm no expert on water cooling, but I'd have to say either a Thermochill 120.3 or an XSPC RX360 would be your best bet.

Or the PA120.2 or the RX240.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts