·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Antec P190 case has:
  • 2 x 140mm fans on top
  • 1 x 120mm rear exhaust fan
  • 1 x 200mm side case fan
I have no intakes etc at the front, just because I don't have a spare 120 fan.

I'm wondering if this would be the best option:

Ignore the front and bottom intakes, I don't have any.

·
Premium Member
27,627 Posts
Top exhaust will only loop back into top intake. Move it to the front as intake. Likes in my sig might be helpful.

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Top exhaust will only loop back into top intake. Move it to the front as intake.
Agreed. The top intake should be moved below the CD-ROM as an intake. That cool air blowing directly towards the CPU cooler will be great. If you can't find a way to mount it, get creative. I had to do that with a 120mm on mine.

Starring into the beast

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post

Agreed. The top intake should be moved below the CD-ROM as an intake. That cool air blowing directly towards the CPU cooler will be great. If you can't find a way to mount it, get creative. I had to do that with a 120mm on mine.

Starring into the beast
The top intake is 140mm, whereas the case supports 120mm intake fans on the front.

I'm wondering should I buy one or two 120mm intake fans for front, see diagram of P190 here: http://www.antec.com/pdf/drawings/P190_manual_mechdrawing.pdf (point 25 and 22, bracket mounts for 120mm fans).

Edit: I have a spare 140mm fan, 4 pin. I wonder if I could put that in the drive bay and connect it to the 3 pin CHA_FAN connector on mobo?

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,399 Posts
Should plug in just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts