Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a i5-4670k at 4.5Ghz with 1.225 volts that is cooled by a custom water cool loop (specs below). The machine is entirely built for gaming, and during some of the heavier lifting games temps get no higher than 68C.

(240mm and 120 mm radiator, xspc raystorm block, D5 pump with EK acetal top/res, 7/16" tubing)

I am sort of tired of the whole water cooling aspect and would like to clean up the interior of my case. I was looking at getting the Noctua NH-C12P cooler because I like how it looks, but am afraid it won't cool well enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608019

My other option would be the giant twin tower Phanteks. My question is, is the NH-C12P going to be robust enough to handle the overclock?

Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is more than enough for a 4,4 OC. I can't see there being much of a difference between that and 4,5. I guess it depend on the fan and temp inside cabinet.

·
Premium Member
27,406 Posts
Problem with NH-C12P is removing the hot exhaust without it mixing with cooler intake's cool air and heating it up. If TC14PE will fit on our motherboard there are many good tower coolers that will also fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts