Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this fan fit into my case?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5592441&CatId=493

if not i was thinking about this.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5690079&CatId=99

heres my case.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7328068&CatId=1509

i have a current OC of 3.4 and Nb 2.6 running 53-54c on load playin battlefield 3.. whats the best bang for my buck' also i will be overclocking in the future' hopefully 3.8 or close to 4.0

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
LOL so you're wanting to spend more on a heatsink than the case itself? Either way, the fans are basically the exact same height as each other, one being 6.3" the other being 6.26 - They should just barely fit, though honestly a Hyper 212+ with a 2nd fan would probably do you just fine for your overclocking needs.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
If you're serious about overclocking, get the NH-D14. If you want to keep the overclock you have, I wouldn't recommend the Thermaltake but a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with a second fan as previously mentioned would be better. I would honestly measure between your CPU and the edge of your case without the side panel to determine your clearance. Nearly all websites have the measurements for the air coolers so you can determine what sort of clearance you have.

Also consider the clearance over your RAM.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleg33k85 View Post

LOL so you're wanting to spend more on a heatsink than the case itself? Either way, the fans are basically the exact same height as each other, one being 6.3" the other being 6.26 - They should just barely fit, though honestly a Hyper 212+ with a 2nd fan would probably do you just fine for your overclocking needs.
ok thx i just see gd results for the Noctua at lowering Temps more them double in some cases, i jsut want the best bang for my buck i was even thinking bout lowering my budget if i can get the same results lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

If you're serious about overclocking, get the NH-D14. If you want to keep the overclock you have, I wouldn't recommend the Thermaltake but a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with a second fan as previously mentioned would be better. I would honestly measure between your CPU and the edge of your case without the side panel to determine your clearance. Nearly all websites have the measurements for the air coolers so you can determine what sort of clearance you have.
Also consider the clearance over your RAM.
yeah i was reading about ram issues' but i seen boards where it takes up the first 2 slots is what might happen for me' but ill put my 2 ADATA sticks in there cause there smaller them my 4gb stick of Corsair Vegaence or however its spelt, and as far as my case if my side has to be off them ill take it off until i get a new case' or i can always mod my case
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

Exactly the reason why the 212+ is popular. It's cheap and quite a decent performer when paired with a second fan.
I've never used it, but I know it's highly recommended. If you want to save some cash get one of those!
im thinkin about that now' only think i dont like its only gd for 4.5 years but by then id more then likely have a new rig lol'

·
Registered
767 Posts
my case is a Coler master Elite310.its a mid tower case just like the one you want to buy.

my hyper212+ BARELY fits.theres just 3-4mm between the cooler and the side panel.

you could go on the cooler master site and compare the dimensions of my case with yours and you will have a good idea if its gona fit.

and i would suggest you go for a better case if you are buying a D14.

mid tower cases have realy poor airflow.

i saved money by buying a midtower case but inorder to improve upon its airflow,i spent more money modifying it!

i would prefer spending more on the case of my next built.

DONT SETTLE FOR A LESSER CASE.

a good case with good airflow+212+ will be better than a D14 in a bad case.

and D14 is HUGE!it may not fit at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts