Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,228 Posts
It will work, but you will have a heavy bottle neck from your CPU. For 2-3 slots, your PC usually has 7 slots on the case for PCI cards. This card requires 3 of those 7. A normal card takes 2. This would also mean you won't have access to either of your PCI slots. Furthermore, what case do you have? This card is a BIG card. it is almost 11 inches long.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It will be fine, as long as you don't have any PCI cards installed. Basically two slot and 3 slot means it takes the space of 2 or 3 cards. So in your case, if you had a 2 slot card, it would take up the PCI-E X16 slot space AND the first PCI slot space, meaning you could only use one PCI card. They still only plug into the PCI-e slot, but are that big, they cover the adjacent slot, rendering it unuseable. A 3 slot card would cover 2 adjacent slots reneding them unusable, which in your case would mean you couldn't use ANY of your PCI slots. Your PCI-E x1 would still be useable, if the case allows.

Hope that helps.
smile.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what are u guys talking about are these 3 slots right?

And the asus 7970 would take up the 3 slots? And no i don have any PCI cards installed except my current lousy gpu installed on the black slots....

And what are some good air flow low budget casing that will fits this card? It's hot in my country....

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,228 Posts
HAF 922 is a good choice. It is about 50 or so and has really good airflow.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenwks View Post

Does my motherboard has usb 3.0?
no, it does not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.