Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on water cooling my i7 and two gtx 280's. Will this setup do?

Res > Pump > PA120.2 > CPU > PA120.2 > GPU1 > GPU2 > Res

The pump is a DD12V-D5. Will this pump be strong enough?

Also, is there any benefit in using two loops instead? One for my cpu, and the other for my gpus?

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
That D5 is strong, but considering the cash that your about to dish out, I would just get the Primochill Typhoon III. It increases the flow rate of the D5 by 2 GPM!

Also, what kind of cpu block are you getting? You may want something less restrictive.

And maybe just a regular thick 360 radiator will do instead of the dual loop. I don't think the cpu affects the temps of the gpu's that much.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompanionCube
View Post

I'm planning on water cooling my i7 and two gtx 280's. Will this setup do?

Res > Pump > PA120.2 > CPU > PA120.2 > GPU1 > GPU2 > Res

The pump is a DD12V-D5. Will this pump be strong enough?

Also, is there any benefit in using two loops instead? One for my cpu, and the other for my gpus?

Are you planning on OC'ing your i7?

That looks fine. While you could do two loops, the advantage of which is that you separate the heat from the two sets of components. If you plan on OC'ing your i7, then I would separate the two and bump that rad to a tri.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I want to put all of this in a H2gO (I love this case for some reason...)

http://www.mountainmods.com/computer...o-c-21_81.html

I already have a PA120.2 and a DD12V-D5, along with two DD-Tieton for both of my GTX 280's

So I would just be purchasing a PA120.2 to go onto the back of the case, and a new waterblock for the i7 (I was thinking this one).

I plan on OCing the hell out of everything

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh wow, I've been reading about the PrimoChill Typhoon III, and that thing looks AMAZING!!!!

Would you suggest getting one of those, and having:

(Loop 1) Res > PA120.2(front) > Enzotech Sapphire > Res
(Loop 2) Res > PA120.2(back) > GPU1 > GPU2 > Res

???

Thanks again!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I think with that pump and res combo along with the free flowing enzotech, you won't need two pumps. You should be fine with just 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts