Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.
I have two plans on re-routing my water cooling set-up.
I have a Cooler Master HAF 932, shouldn't be a problem putting stuff inside it.
ATM I have 2 Swiftech MCR320's one is stacked the other is the QP version and 6 yate loons high speed fans.
I have them in the stacked configuration for a while however I had them externally mounted up top.
I have grown irritable with the site of the rads outside so I've decided to put them inside while in doing so I really couldn't fit both rads inside so I took one out of the equation.
Also I will be water cooling soon to be mine GTX 470's later on.
Anyways.
questions.
1. Can I build a pedistal or how ever you spell it. haha... at the bottom of the case and have both rads mounted there. almost like how the TJ-07 radiators can be mounted. and have one 320 for cpu and the other one for SLI'd 470's on one loop. will that be ideal.
2. or Buy an BIX360 keep the yate loons have them up top *internally cooling cpu..mobo..gpu's.. all in one loop.
3. keep the MCR320 have it on the yate loon's internally mounted push/pull and add a MCR240 at the bottom of the case modding the HDD area to fit it again in a push/pull high speed yate loon configuration

Sorry if the questions are quite vague. It's sorta hard for me to explain.
First and foremost, I want to save some money haha. and getting a whole entirely new radiator BIX 360 is gonna cost alot. haha... but if it's worth it then w00t.
If I go the pedistal route then I would be utilizing both radiators I have now without breaking the bank too much.
and finally if I go with the added MCR240 to the loop but omitting one of the MCR320's entirely will the 240 be enough for the sli'd GTX 470s

If I need to elaborate more on certain questions pls feel FREE to ask.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
my choices would be to A) build a pedestal, or B) use a 240 for the CPU and the 320 for the GPU's as they put off more heat than the CPU.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't think It will really matter either way.

Generally for CPU overclocking, you want to keep you Deltas below 10c. Unless you are using very slow fan speeds either a 240 or 360 can do this pretty easy.

The GPUs are even easier. They dump a lot of heat, but a delta of up to even 15c-20c doesn't seem to effect overclocking gpus that much.

I'd probably go CPU 240 and GPU 360 if I had to choose.

GL.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay with all the suggestions can I have two "Y" fittings one going out to both radiatiors and the other coming in from the end of the mobo blocks and gpu blocks. sorta like 2 loops powered by one pump.
I ordered XSPC's D5 dual bay res some compression fittings will the pump be enough to push all that stuff.
Thanks.!!
v1ral

·
Registered
684 Posts
I wouldnt suggest Y's because it would travel to the side with least resistance.
Yes a D5 wont have any issues pushing all that water around.
I have a little 355 and its going through a cpu, 2 gpu full cover blocks and a 240 and a 360 rad in my 932.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured.
I guess I just have one huge loop array. haha. array.. ***.
I am gonna have to try and fit my stack MCR 360s up top when I water cool some GTX 470s later in the next month or so.
I think that would be good if they can all fit cause I don't have to mod the HDD rack to acomadate a 240 down there. haha
v1ral

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost-boi
View Post

I wouldnt suggest Y's because it would travel to the side with least resistance.
Yes a D5 wont have any issues pushing all that water around.
I have a little 355 and its going through a cpu, 2 gpu full cover blocks and a 240 and a 360 rad in my 932.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It was a no brainer for me, Seeing that I only use 2 HDDs I hacked 3 of the 5 bays out and stuck a 240 on the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts