Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an ASUS P4C800 E Deluxe mb with 2 36GB Raptor drives operating in RAID 0 running of the ICH5R SATA1 and SATA2 connections. Will be purchasing the Hitachi 250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive as a storage drive. Plan on equiping this to the SATA Raid 1 connection to the Promise Raid Controller with a non Raid configuration. Also will be purchasing the NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Black, Model ND-3500A BK W/SW drive. Currently have a liteon cd-rw drive and a liteon cd-rom drive equiped on the Primary IDE connector to motherboard. Can I equip the NEC DVD/RW Drive to the Secondary IDE connector instead of taking my liteon cd rom drive out. Plan on having all three drives working on this motherboard

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM. Sounds like a good plan there. I think you will be able to do it. For the DVD just get a 2 slot IDE cable and put the DVD's jumpers as master and RW as slave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Current System

|Modded Kingwin 424 Black w/ 80mm Blowhole w/2 80mm Side intake holes in window|Intel P4 2.8C @ 3.402 @ 1.675vcore|Asus P4C800 E Deluxe_1016|SP-94 w/92mm Tornado|Swiftech MCX159 NB Cooler|2 x 512MB OCZ PC3700 Gold Rev 2 @ (1:1) 2.5-3-3-7|2 x 36.7GB WD Raptors(Raid 0)|High Tech ATI RADEON "R9800 Pro 128MB ICEQ" (R360core)@405/378|SB Audigy 2 ZS|Enermax Noisetaker EG475P-VE|Vantec 305 Nexus Fan Controller|Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB Windows XP Pro w/SP2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so all I would have to do is just plug the new sata harddrive on the promise controller on my mobo and it should recognize the new harddrive as D: and i wouldnt need a harddrive controller?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thats what im thinkin, but if I'm wrong then ur screwed lol.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
If you have more than 2 SATA connector slots it should work. If you do, they you will probably have two for the Promise controller, and the other two are integrated into your chipset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

If you have more than 2 SATA connector slots it should work. If you do, they you will probably have two for the Promise controller, and the other two are integrated into your chipset.

yeah currently i have my two 36 raptors occupying the ICHR5 raid chip and i have 2 free connector slots on my promise controller on my motherboard. was just planning on plugging this storage harddrive in on of these free connectors on the promise controller on mobol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yeppers, should be no problem with that, just make sure it's enabled and the software is loaded.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Your very welcome.
and i Don't want to sound pushy or anything, but don't forget to rep.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Lol, snoopin in the christmas presents already eh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts