Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this may be a really dumb question, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer online. I have an ASRock P67 B3 mobo back from the SB days along with my 2500k. I am having an issue with Windows 10 always showing (using?) 100% CPU usage, and it appears that the only fix is a BIOS update.

Before I do this, I want to know what will happen to my saved overclock and other various settings. I am under the impression that a BIOS update will completely erase all settings as one would think. If this is true, is there any way I can back up my saved profiles that are currently in my BIOS?

·
Da Boss
1,894 Posts
From what I've seen, yes it will. Is there a way to save your bios settings? My board has this function.

Save settings, update, put in settings.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, so they they figured out how to make a GUI boot menu... but yet somehow they haven't figured out how to export saved preferences to an external device?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, it will reset everything back to defaults when you update the BIOS/UEFI. Most UEFI's today will allow you to save your settings to a profile, but in most cases the saved profile won't work in the updated UEFI.

Best thing to do is to get out those old things called a paper and pen and right down the settings, and then reapply them after the update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts