Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dual rad on my set up, and am running both FAH clients (100% load on CPU and GPU) and temps on the CPU are 52-53, gpu 36 (VRM 46-47), the Swiftech pump is rated for 60C, will water temp hit that if i leave it folding for a few days?? If so, would this cause the pump to shut off or what?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coltsrock View Post
I have a dual rad on my set up, and am running both FAH clients (100% load on CPU and GPU) and temps on the CPU are 52-53, gpu 36 (VRM 46-47), the Swiftech pump is rated for 60C, will water temp hit that if i leave it folding for a few days?? If so, would this cause the pump to shut off or what?
temps on the CPU are 52-53 â€" That do not mean you have same temperature in you cooling fluid, you just need to check actual temperature on you fluid or purchase fluid temperature sensor with monitor.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomas View Post
temps on the CPU are 52-53 â€" That do not mean you have same temperature in you cooling fluid, you just need to check actual temperature on you fluid or purchase fluid temperature sensor with monitor.
well im going on vacation in a few hours so i cant do that, but if i leave it like this for 5 days, will everything be fine when i return??

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by .:hybrid:.
View Post

I recommend turning it off, more out of fear for an unexpected leak then overheating.

well the system has been going for about a week, and the leak should be gone by now, i figure this SMP + GPU should be able to get me into the top 1200 by the time i return

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Just leave it on. If the pump dies or something, your pc will turn off at about 100C. But it is very rare for the pump to die and it wont matter much if it goes a little above 60C.

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
I think at 100C the water would be so hot that the tubing would get so soft that it might even come off the barbs, or the pump might fail. If the water got to 100C the CPU would shut off before that anyways. My water temperature was at 39C after 30 minutes of Crysis, but I have literally 5 blocks on 1 radiator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts