Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the skinny. i have a customers pc here ive been fixing. the drive was failing so i bought a brand new toshiba 3tb hd at the local microcenter. the pc in question is a cruddy hp elite model hpe-112y. it has a p2 x4 2.8ghz processor and 8gb of ram, and it seems like it has the old bios and non uefi hybrid. i can easily get windows to install on the new drive, but whenever i do i end up with almost 800gb of space that i cannot partition into on disk management. i have gone into windows 7 install to dos command prompt using shift+F10 and cleaned the drive and converted to gpt and reinstalled countless times. each time, i end up with the os installed but still a loss of almost 800gb of space. so is this hp just not compatible with gpt? is there a bios i can flash to the board to make it gpt compatible? or am i looking at just returning the hard drive and getting a smaller drive? i have the ultimate boot cd which includes alot of different tools and im not afraid of putting more time in to try to make it work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts