Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had vista uninstalled, and just had windows 7 installed, added a new hard drive, put vista on that for a dual boot. Both options came up just fine on boot, after a while though whenever i selected vista to boot it would just boot window 7? why would that happen, unless if i use easybcd which i do, would i have to reconfigure the default os and the boot loader itself.

As of right now though, ive got my vista on 1 drive and thats it nothing else, but have been thinking i should try again, by partitioning some of my back up drive for 7 to dual boot, but seein as how my vista has been installed first, that would make it the default OS and i wouldnt have problems?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well its done it again... I set my vista as default os in msconfig and using easybcd program yet whenever i press enter on vista in the boot loader startin my pc, it always loads 7?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok *** is up now, i check msconfig and now it says windows vista is current/default os, no others listed, yet im currently on win 7 lol?

edit: Think ive fixed it, what i did was went into easybcd's "change settings", chose my vista install as instead of a drive letter i picked "BOOT", and for windows 7 install i picked "G" which is what vista see's my windows 7 installed on, will restart now to check.

works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts