1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyndv;4503908
Warning
This Uninstall utility completely messed up my Windows 8 installation, resulting in:
1) Loss of all power plans and inability to change any related settings.
2) Inability to enter Safe Mode / Advanced startup.
3) Messed up "Personalization" window - some themes missing and wrong names.
4) Messed up text "Language Bar", displaying DLL file names.
5) Probably more unseen.

Consequently, I've tried running "sfc /scannow", twice. It found corruption but was unable to fix anything.
After restoring my system to an earlier point, I've confirmed that this utility is the exact and sole cause.
Once again- I mean, great support AMD, thanks.
This is what someone experienced in another forum... and I have to say I have the same issue.

My settings for my taskbar changed. Now I am unable to look at power options... I am also unable to go into safe mode.

Can those of you with Windows 8 and used the utility... try going to your power options and see if you are able to change any settings?

What mine looks like....

I made a system restore point RIGHT before I used the utility and things were fine.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Glad I have decided to hold off for a couple of hours to see other peoples results, seems there is a few threads now reporting issues with the uninstall utility and the driver version itself reverting to an old version of ccc. I will be holding off further still.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger5150 View Post

No problems here everything works fine.for power plan's..Had to manually update video drivers in device manger and my audio was set to head phones had to reset to speakers.Hopefully that's it.....
Do you have Windows 8?

Just wondering if ANYONE with Win 8 has not had the power plans issue... keep in mind, that while that is one issue. There maybe COUNTLESS other issues that had been created, that you will eventually stumble upon.

Think about how often you check the power plan options after doing it once... I know I don't. So the issues that it creates are there, until you find them.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Do you have Windows 8?

Just wondering if ANYONE with Win 8 has not had the power plans issue... keep in mind, that while that is one issue. There maybe COUNTLESS other issues that had been created, that you will eventually stumble upon.

Think about how often you check the power plan options after doing it once... I know I don't. So the issues that it creates are there, until you find them.
I decided to try it and its failed, the drivers not installing properly, cc not working, only thing shows is power plans, power plans in windows 8 not working and neither is programmes and features. Attempting to re-install again

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:

Do you have Windows 8?

Yes I do have win 8,pro 64,,,,,,as you stated there might be other issues just have to see,hope not though.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon1 View Post

anyway to fix this problem other?
System restore would probably be the only option. It seems to me that the problem itself is not really fixable. I tried looking around to see if there was any other related issues that would cause something like it... and it seems that this is a first.

So unless you have disabled system restore... then you should have some restore points stored in your system.

To go back to a previous restore point:

Right click the left bottom corner of your taskbar. Then select system... after that select system protection. Choose system restore, then you'll have some options to return to the last restore point... or return to a previous one before that. Look at the times and dates and make sure you select the right one.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
This is about as bad as Nvidia creating an entire user account for their updater. These companies really need to get their act together.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
My drivers have installed now but control panel still not working properly. Can someone else check if there programmes/features in control panel working or not. Mine not. I don't have system restore either

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
To confirm, It has messed my win 8 up as well
mad.gif

·
Registered
137 Posts
me to
but program and features seems to be working
tried 13.2 but no succes with power plan

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:

Do you have Windows 8?

I just used it 3 nights ago to uninstall my 5870 and all things AMD. I just looked and all my power options are still set and available for change. I'm using Windows 8 Pro

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
You seem to be the lucky one Scott
tongue.gif

·
Registered
526 Posts
Did you uninstall drivers first then run the tool? Or run it from safe mode? I just ran the tool before i uninstalled anything, rebooted and installed new drivers and my power plans are missing as well. I'm also unable to boot into safe mode and cut and paste files. Heading for a fresh install most likely as sfc /scannow finds no errors and i didn't have system restore enabled. Won't be making that mistake again.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navit View Post

You seem to be the lucky one Scott
tongue.gif
I know right? Not my style usually lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts